Chapter 5

Kou explained everything about the phone call. The trio spread out to find an arm. If that was just the beginning, Kou didn't want to see the rest. He wanted to go home already.

"So, the person you talked to was a woman, right?" Nene asked. She wanted confirmation before doing anything.

Kou nodded, and Nene explained how they should get a woman's arm, even though she had a feeling they wouldn't listen to her. As Kou looked for an arm, he noticed there was an hourglass. They were being timed. Just what he needed to hear.

Kou questioned how they were even supposed to find one arm in the area. It was hard to find anything useful, yet alone an arm.

Eventually, he found something close enough to an arm. He wouldn't put a lot of thought into it. Why would he? The sooner they find something, the quicker they can get out.

At some point, the trio all met up. Nene had the arm for a mannequin, Himari had a random robot arm, and Kou had a wooden carving of an arm.

"It's a woman's arm we're talking about! It should be a woman's arm! Minamoto-kun, you just grabbed something you liked. Himari-san, you just grabbed the first thing you saw that looked like an arm."

Kou and Himari rolled their eyes. As Nene scolded them, Kou noticed something different about her. Was her chest always that big? He didn't want to be rude about it, so he didn't mention it.

"Daikon, the quicker we find these body parts, the faster we can leave. Don't you want to leave?" Himari said.

"We're finding body parts for a woman. Therefore, it should be a woman's arm. Do you two want to get out that fast?"

"Yes," Kou and Himari said.

Kou wanted to get as far away from the boundary. It was obvious it was dangerous and shouldn't be there, but they went in there anyway to save the missing students people forgot about.

"Well, at least make it presentable!"

"Hey Daikon, was your chest always that big? Either way, you'll never be as cute as me," Himari said. Kou facepalmed. Although he was glad he wasn't the only one who noticed it. He took a different approach than Himari did, which was staying silent until it became relevant.

"Of course, it's always been this big!" Nene said. Kou turned to look at Himari with a disapproving look. He couldn't believe Himari mentioned it to Nene.

As Nene continued to scold the two about how they should find body parts close to a woman's, a padded bra fell and her chest returned to its normal size. She threw it away from her to pretend it was never there.

"Wow, Daikon. Way to get distracted."

Nene was about to reply to Himari, but a feminine voice interrupted her.

"Class has begun."

Kou looked around to see who said that. Did the hourglass already finish? He thought they had more time, but apparently they didn't.

Some creepy dolls with the kanji for two on their faces appeared from the shadows. Immediately, Nene wove her staff around to knock back the dolls. Why were there so many?

Kou thought the dolls were just decoration. He was wrong. The dolls were looking for the trio, saying they were the ones late to class. Was that what the rumor meant by getting torn apart?

"Traffic earring! Behind you," Himari shouted.

Kou spun around, looking at the obstacle. Scissors were about to cut him in half, but Nene threw something at the scissors, which caused it to be stuck for the time the group needed to run.

"Wait, why isn't the gate opening?" Nene asked when they reached the gate. Kou looked around. No one brought the arm with them. Why didn't someone bring it?

"Who was supposed to carry the arm here?" he asked.

"Lame ass traffic earring. It was on you."

Nene nodded in agreement as she kept swinging to push the dolls back. Kou rolled his eyes as he made his way back to where they were previously to find the arm. He didn't care which one he grabbed. As long as he had one, it didn't matter. They didn't need three different right arms to pass through the gate.

Kou noticed the mokke bringing the three arms over to them. He blindly grabbed one of them and threw it at the area it needed to go. The gate opened, and he sighed in relief.

There was another phone call on the other side of the gate. Kou was going to pick it up, but Himari beat him to it.

"Hey, No. 2, I know it's you. Don't give me a generic response," Himari said.

"Can we ban Himari from picking up the phone? It's not getting us closer to the top," Nene said. Kou agreed with her. That was the last phone call they were letting Himari answer.

Himari put the phone down and looked at the two. "What?"

Nene and Kou sighed. "Isn't there a more efficient way to get to her norishiro or whatever?" Kou asked.

"Yorishiro," Nene corrected Kou.

"It's at the innermost part of this boundary, therefore, we have to climb all these stairs and go on a stupid body part hunt. Which is why we shouldn't pay attention to what it looks like."

"So what you're saying is that this is Build A Bear, but you have to make the body instead of stuffing it and what not?" Nene asked.

"Maybe let's just find an arm and leave so we don't waste anymore time," Kou said. The faster they found the body parts, they wouldn't have to deal with the dolls coming to life again. If they hurried up, they wouldn't have to be in the boundary any longer.