Ring

Calli and Raf stopped walking as Charlie pushed into Raf's legs. Raf reached down and scratched Charlie behind the ears, while Charlie gave Calli a look of admiration as he nuzzled up against Raf.

"Well, it looks like we're going to be a family soon..." Raf could barely contain his excitement and joy. At this moment, he felt like the luckiest man in the world.

Calli choked up over the words Raf just said. "I would love that."

When they got back to the loft, Calli set up Charlie's bed, dishes, and toys. Raf realized he didn't know a dog lived with Calli because all of his belongings were in that huge bag Daniel gave him. Despite him having his own bed in the living area, Charlie climbed on the sofa and settled himself across Calli's lap with a sigh.

"Did you miss me, baby? I missed you. My sweet, beautiful boy."

Raf couldn't help it. He watched the way that Calli was with Charlie and he started to tear up a little bit. He never, ever felt as in love as he did right then. While Calli and Charlie were on the couch, Raf got down on one knee.

"Calli, I love you with all of my heart. I know we haven't been together that long, but you have changed my life. You are the sweetest, most beautiful woman I've ever met in my life. I love you, and I accept the whole of you...including Charlie."

Calli's hand stilled on Charlie's head. Charlie's ears perked up as he watched Raf. Calli thought she knew what was happening, but she didn't want to assume. She looked at the loving, kind, handsome man in front of her. He had tears in his eyes.

"I accept you, too, Raf, exactly as you are, and so does Charlie. I love you so much."

Her mouth was dry with nerves. Charlie leaned into her harder as he rolled onto his back, exposing his belly. She tried to ignore it as she focused on Raf's face.

"Calli...will you marry me?" Raf started crying in earnest. This was the moment he had been waiting for his whole life. He loved Calli. And now if things went the way he wanted, she and her giant, giant dog were about to become his family.

Calli was momentarily stunned into silence. She looked into Raf's eyes. Was she ready for forever?

"Yes, Raf. I'll marry you."

She barely gets the words out before Charlie lets out a long, low bay. "Erooooorararawr."

Charlie's exclamation was almost like the perfect reply to Calli's acceptance. It felt like he was acknowledging Raf as his new pack member.

Raf had never been so happy in his life. Calli had just answered all of the questions inside his soul, and all of Raf's tears are tears of joy. This was the best day of his entire life.

Calli gave a watery laugh at Charlie's antics. "Charlie says yes, too."

Raf smiled at Calli with love and excitement in his eyes. Charlie moved off of Calli and walked up to Raf. He looked at Raf, tilting his large head to the side, and seemed to be asking him a question. Then he decided the tears were tasty, and proceeded to clean them away.

Calli's words made Raf absolutely elated. He let Charlie finish licking his face, then moved to sit by Calli, cupping her face in his hands. "I love you, Calli. You're my everything."

He pulled a ring out of his pocket; it was a simple band with a solitaire diamond. "This is just a placeholder, alright? I didn't know your ring size. Once I give it to the jeweler, the real one is coming."

Calli nodded as he slid the ring onto her finger, not caring how it looked. She was in a daze of happiness.

They hugged each other tightly, kissing tenderly. In the background, Charlie made playful noises and tapped the ground with his paws in a little doggy jig. He could sense the love and happiness between Calli and Raf, and it gave him joy.