Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Picked It Up (3)

~{}~

"Where is he right now, Hans?" 

"Ah, He is with Ron in Chef Beacrox's kitchen."

Cale's heart jumped as he walked into the study. Were the three of them getting along as expected?

"Oh, I didn't know they were that close," Cole said in surprise.

"Based on what I've been told, he is learning how to cook basic dishes from chef Beacrox," Hans Explains to the young masters.

"Cooking?"

"Yes."

One corner of Cale's lips went up.

'Cooking my ass.'

It might be seen as 'cooking' from an outsider's perspective but in reality, he was just teaching him some torturing methods or even poison recipes.

"I'll go get him instead," Cole said to Hans before turning to Cale. "I have something to ask Ron."

Cale nodded at him and Cole took that cue to leave. Cale and Hans arrived at the study and Cale sat on the desk. He then naturally asks Hans.

"What did he ask for?"

"Ah." Hans seemed shocked at Cale's sudden words, before quickly putting on a serious expression and starting to report. It was the information Cale expected it to be.

Hans could not hide his sorrow and disappointment while sharing about what happened to Harris Village and had gone to the Count with Choi Han to deliver the Village Chief's Plaque that Choi Han brought.

"Father met with him?" Cale asks curiously.

"Yes. The Count immediately ordered a funeral and will be sending inspectors, knights, and soldiers to investigate." 

Mm. Hans stopped for a moment and hesitated before continuing to speak.

"However, the guest has indicated he will not be going back with us."

Hans recalled meeting the Count with Choi Han, as Choi Han explained the situation to the Count.

Choi Han was speaking normally, but the tips of his fingers were shaking. It was then that Hans found out that Choi Han was 17 years old. He was able to keep his life because he happened to be searching for medicinal herbs on his own at the time of the massacre, but he still had to watch his neighbours and friends all being killed at such a young age. Just how much shock would he have received?

"Will that be okay?"

"It's his decision," Cale answered the worried and confused Hans. Cale knew that Choi Han had already said his goodbyes, so there was no need to return. All that was left was to get his revenge on the people that took their future away.

"Has Ron been taking care of him?"

"Yes. He has made sure that the guest eats every meal. He has also been very friendly with him."

The three of them did indeed seem to be getting along better than he expected.

"Ah." Hans seemed to have remembered something as he continued to speak. "Mr Ron seems to have hurt himself while working again. He had bandages around his wrist."

"Really? Make sure to give him some medicine." Cale told him.

'He probably killed someone again.' That was what Cale was thinking. 'Cole would be very worried if he found out.'