Hasta la muerte ☠️

It was hard being a hispanic girl in the 70s in the US. People were still so judgmental. Except for only my favorite person on earth. The only person who hasn't judged me since day one. And that was Finney Blake. He has been my best friend ever since i moved here from Guadalajara, Mexico. He also helped me with my english even though he could barely understand me sometimes. Okay enough of this, let's continue the story.

It was the day of soccer tryouts. Finney came with me for support but before we could make it onto the field the coach stopped us in our tracks.

"hm what do you think you're doing young lady?" he says to me with a lifted eyebrow.

"I'm gonna tryout for the team!" i say to him.

"yea I don't think so. This is for guys only. Maybe in your country they let you play but not here. Go make bracelets or flower crowns or something. If not go back to your country," He says to me while rolling his eyes.

I scoff saying, "oh you wanna tell me t-,"Finney covers my mouth and pulls me away. Once we get outside of the school I push him off me, "FINNEY WHAT THE HELL? IM NOT GONNA JUST LET HIM TALK TO ME LIKE THAT," i yell to him, obviously furious. 

"Look y/n, you can't always argue with people because of what they say. I understand it's rude and offensive but it will just get you in more trouble and I care about you. And i always will, hasta la muerte y/n. I don't want you to get yourself kicked out of school. Quiero sentir tu presencia a cada rato. I love you y/n," he said finishing his last words out of breath, right before he goes in to kiss me. 

I stood there mesmerized and in shock but I was also loving the moment. "Hasta la muerte Finney," I say to him quietly before I pull him in for another kiss. I was furious at first but after his little speech and the fact that he was learning spanish for me was mood changing. We stood there just staring at each other with smiles, in silence. Not an awkward one though. It seemed peace and quiet in that moment. It was like Finney was my peace. Hasta la muerte. Thinking about that phrase made me smile. God I loved Finney so much.

A/n: darn this was pretty short but it was all i had in mind and i got lazy from typing on my ipad. 😭 BUT I FINALLY POSTED!!! YAYAYAYAY! i am working on another chapter but this is all u get for now :( GOOD NIGHT/DAYYY TO YOU ALLLL!