V. WHAT THE FUCK IS CHINGUSEOK?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The afternoon sun filters through the curtains, casting a warm glow across Valor's bedroom. Valor and Yuri lay tangled in each other's arms, their breathing synchronized in the peaceful aftermath of a nap. As they slowly awaken, their eyes flutter open, greeted by the sight of each other's contented faces.

Yuri stretched, her body pressing closer to Valor's. A smile graced her lips as she brushed a gentle kiss against Valor's forehead. "Good morning, sleepyhead," she murmured, her voice filled with affection.

"It's the afternoon, you dork," Valor whined softly, attempting to roll over and fall asleep again, but Yuri chuckled, holding onto her and rolling her over to face her.

She brushed a stray strand of hair from Valor's face, her touch gentle and affectionate. "Valor, it's time to wake up. I'd be damned if we just lay here and avoid my parents for the entire day." Valor leaned into her touch, ducking her hand to tuck her head into Yuri's neck. "Valor... " She chuckled, gently massaging her scalp.

Yuri's eyes sparkled with mischievousness as an idea formed in her mind. "You know, Valor, I was thinking... it's literally Chuseok, and we're stuck at home with nothing to do. How about we pay a visit to my fake boyfriend, Dae?"

Valor's brows arched in curiosity, partially out of genuine curiosity but mainly out of slight shock. "Your fake boyfriend? Why would we visit him?"

Yuri chuckled softly, her voice filled with playful excitement as she pulled Valor's head out of her neck, "It's better than here. His dad and little sister are probably having some delicious traditional food. It could be a fun way to spend the day."

Valor hummed, laying on her back with an arm around Yuri's waist. The Han girl examined her features, noticing her reluctance with the idea, "What's up?"

She avoided eye contact, biting the inside of her cheek, "I haven't been on good terms with Dae lately. I ... I kinda blew up on him after the welcome party for 'cheating on Kitty' with you, but since you two are fake-dating... " Valor awkwardly gestured to herself and Yuri. "I don't know."

"Dae is honestly a really good guy, and I'm sure he's an amazing friend," Yuri said softly, looking at Valor's features. "I know you two have been friends since mankind ever started--"

"I wouldn't go that far," Valor chuckled. "He's like Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks."

"And you give off protective Simon energy, like the typical Dad friend," Yuri said in response, Valor turning to her with a feign frown.

"Minho introduced me to Kitty as 'Satan, the mom friend'," Valor's frown turned into a smile as she realized how Yuri was looking at her with that same sparkle in her eyes that she had back in that supply closet. It probably never faded.

"I mean, you did slam that Russian guy into a locker for hitting on Juliana at the beginning of sophomore year," Yuri said, a slight high pitch-ness to her voice, draping her arms around Valor's neck. "and you made her her favorite cookies and hot lemon tea afterwards at our old dorm."

Valor made a somewhat noise of agreement.

"Chuseok is a festive time," Yuri once again attempted to convince, her fingers instinctively messing with the hairs on the back of her neck. "It's a good time to forgive and get on good terms."