CHAPTER - 23

JENNIE POV :

I was standing infront of the window in my living room, watching as the rain poured out while sipping a cup of hot coffee.

It was peaceful but something was missing. I have always loved rain but this time it was different.

It was making me miss her warm embrace even more.

I sighed sadly and walked back to where my couch was and sat on it. I wrapped the blanket around me to keep me warm when I felt myself shiver from the cold.

It's been 4 days since everything happened. That day Mr. and Mrs. Park got arrested along with Jimin and Sana. I know for sure that they are going to spend their whole life behind the bars because I already took care of that.

When Jimin saw me he cursed me as much as he could. He also said something about taking revenge and destroying my life but I know that's not possible. He can't do anything from behind the bars.

Besides, my whole focus was on her. My eyes were searching for her everywhere but when I didn't find her, I got scared.

Until Chaeyoung told me that she was locked in the basement. I quickly ran toward the basement and entered after opening the door.

When my eyes landed on her my heart clenched. She was lying on a pool of blood. Her forehead was bleeding and she had bruises all over her face. There was so much blood.

If it was someone else, I would have been disgusted by seeing so much blood and would have ran out of the room with the urge to puke my lungs out.

But it wasn't just any other person.

It was her.

My Y/N.

I didn't even cared about the blood staining my clothes as I quickly sat down and gently put her head in my lap.

I stayed on that messy floor with her until the ambulance came. I went to hospital with her not even caring about my appearance. In that moment my only priority was to make sure she was safe.

I stayed at the hospital for hours to know about her health condition. Doctors said that there was nothing to worry about. She just needed to be loved and taken care of.

When I heard that she is safe, I left the hospital, telling Chaeyoung to take care of her.

I haven't left my house since that day.

I told Jisoo to clear my schedules for a week because I really needed a break.

The person I loved wholeheartedly didn't loved me back. My love for her was one sided.

I wanted to be there for her when she woke up but at the same time I didn't. Even if I wanted to stay there and take care of her, I left because I had no relations with her.

We were not even friends.

I was just her lover.

The one she never loved back.

I had no right to stay there with her.

Besides, she had her sister. I know Chaeyoung will take care of her perfectly.

I also told Jisoo to visit everyday to give me updates about her health and also to make sure that she is well taken care of.

Jisoo always told me to visit her by myself but I couldn't.

I wasn't strong enough to do so. I was a coward. I knew I would have probably cried and begged her to give us a chance.

That's why I stayed away from her.