(13) Fishlips

I made a few changes and I like this version better.

~~~

When Tyane woke up the next day she hoped it was all a dream. She wanted to open her eyes and find herself back home in a tent in the floating mountains.

Instead, she was greeted by the shining sun and the salty sea breeze.

She opened her eyes to see three Metkayina gliding gracefully into the water and her sibling screaming jumping after them in the most awkward poses. She couldn't stop herself from laughing at how they looked.

~~~

A/N: I'm gonna introduce you to someone just keep in mind that's how he looks PS: He's not mine I found him on Pinterest~~~

PS: He's not mine I found him on Pinterest
~~~

Tyane'nor's been walking through the village trying to find the guy that's supposed to train her or someone who won't run away from her for long enough to ask.

"Hey, you're the blue girl from yesterday," a voice said from behind her

She stopped in her track and turned to face whoever it is. "oh yeah, how did you figure out that one? "

A guy was looking about the same age as her but a little taller. The same guy who was admiring Kar'am yesterday.

"Astute observation" the guy smirked.

"yeah, you look like the type," Tyane answered

His smirk turned into a smile "You remembered me"

"Well, you were brave enough to approach the scary demon. Twice."

He bit his lip then extended his hand "I'm Nhell"

She shook his hand "Nice to meet you, Nehll. I'm-"

"Tyane'nor te suli Neytiri'ite. I remember"

Tyane had surprise written in bold all over her face "I'm not sure if I should be flattered that you paid attention to me or concerned that you're stalking me"

"I-I didn't- I mean- I-I" He stuttered. Making Tyane burst into laughter.

"Relax, Nehll. I'm messing with you." She patted his shoulder as she attempted to catch her breath.
"Hey look. I'd hate to cut this short but- Why are you looking at me like that?"

"uh- wha- sorry, umm... It's just- I like" he cleared his throat "your laugh"

"... okay?.." she nodded slowly "As I was saying I really should find this Kaltuk guy and any insight would be appreciated"

~~~

"look who finally showed up" an obnoxious voice greeted her as she reached her destination

"Look who can do something other than glaring" She snapped "Maybe you should've used that tongue of yours to tell me where to find you"

Kaltuk rolled his eyes "Fine let's get started since you're here now, anyway" He turned his back to her and started walking.

She scowled "Where are you taking me?"

"I'm not taking you anywhere. you're choosing to follow me," he answered not bothering to look back at her.

Tyane scowled again.
"If you keep doing that your face is going to get stuck" he rolled his eyes for the second time

"If you keep rolling your eyes, They're going to get stuck in the back of your head." she snapped back

They walked the rest of the way along the sandy beach in silence, until they came upon a high rocky outcrop above the shallow waters of the bay, jutting out like a massive boulder from the ocean floor. The sunlight bathed the bottom with a golden glow. In the shallows, colourful fish could be seen grazing along the sand, and in the distant waves, the waters were clear and the sun sparkling off the tide-carved caves and rocks, which made for a beautiful scene on this bright day.
Tyane stopped in her tracks mesmerised by the beauty of her surroundings.

~~~

Kaltuk was mad. Really mad. he was no babysitter, he worked to jump ranks at his age. he was the youngest to ever hold his position. He didn't go through all that trouble just to play babysitter to a girl who doesn't realise that she's not the Olo'eyktan's daughter anymore.

But mostly he was mad at himself for letting her disarm him like that. He thought he could intimidate her, not thinking she would have the balls or the ability to do what she did. he underestimated her. A mistake he won't repeat again.

He turned around when she stopped walking with the full intent of making a snarky comment about her being always behind. Another thing. he noticed that she was always behind. When they landed on the beach yesterday she was the last to land. when they were on their way to their new Marui, She waited until everyone walked in front other and only after that did she follow. another thing he was mad at himself for was paying close enough attention to notice that.

He opened his mouth only to find that the girl was not paying a sliver of attention to him, he followed her line of sight to find what seemed to have captured her attention. only to find her staring at the Rimeterre Rock, he blinked not understanding what was so mesmerising about a rock surrounded by water. He tried to focus on the view, the details, and then he saw it: the sparkling water, the fish swimming peacefully, the evening sun and the golden hue it gave everything.

He often took these views for granted. since he lived here his whole life, he was used to them. He looked back at the girl, the sun shining on her face making her eyes glow, her mouth slightly open in awe, the scar that only seemed to enhance her beauty, The light reflecting off of her dark jaw-length hair, it was quite rare to find a Na'vi with short hair unless they cut it themselves, which was looked down upon since hair is said to hold memory. but it suited her.

As if she felt his gaze her eyes turned to him, only then did he realise that he was staring at her the whole time.

"Sorry, I- I zoned out - What?"

He frowned "You have the attention span of a fish. and look like one with your mouth open like that" He mentally slapped himself

She raised an eyebrow then smiled sweetly"Maybe I'll do it more often so you don't feel lonely since you look like a fish in general" she snickered looking at him with mock pity "Especially With those lips"

He opened his mouth to snap at her but she already walked away and said without turning back to him "Come on, Fishlips. We're wasting daylight."

Intituled princess He thought to himself rolling his eyes but followed anyway. promising himself to ask Tonowari to find her a new teacher the first chance he gets.

~~~

6/6/2023
I won't be able to post this on time sooo....