197 - 200

Chapter 197 Salt Tax (2 more)

Not long after, Yang Ming led a few small officials over carrying two boxes.

Because paper is precious, bamboo slips are still used for most of the government documents. Only important documents, or those submitted to the emperor, will use paper.

The box was opened, and there were rolls of bamboo slips neatly placed inside.

The lighting in this room is not good, and Han Zhengtai didn't want to go in and light candles to watch, so he just watched in the yard.

Yang Ming and Cen Liangjun did not lie. They did submit memorials to the Ministry of Households every five days.

It states the current situation in the Yantie Division, requesting that the manpower be replenished as soon as possible and the warehouse be repaired. Han Zhengtai's requirements are all written.

The Ministry of Finance's response is very interesting.

First of all, he stated that he had received the request, but he immediately pointed out that the Ministry of Accounting is currently busy, and it will take time to process the request from Yantie Division, so let them wait patiently.

The ones who responded to the official documents were obviously veterans in the officialdom, and they didn't directly refuse requests that they didn't want to pay attention to.

All in all, this procrastination has no effect on the Ministry of Household Affairs at all, but the government office that made the request may not be able to procrastinate.

If the deadline is reached, if there is no way to complete the official duties because there is no manpower, then they will only be held accountable.

From this point, it can be seen that Daliang's current officialdom management system is not perfect.

Han Zhengtai held the bamboo slips replied by the household department in his hand, showing a thoughtful expression.

No matter how low the efficiency of this matter is, it is impossible that there has been no response in the past three months. Even if there is no way to send officials and guards over, it is always possible to have someone come over to repair the warehouse of the government office.

Hubu didn't do anything, anyone who wasn't a fool would know that someone deliberately tripped Han Zhengtai.

"Put away all these official documents. I will use them again. If you lose them, Yang Ming and Cen Liangjun, you two will quit."

Han Zhengtai put the bamboo slips in his hand back into the box and ordered them to be kept properly.

Of course, in order to prevent this group of veterans from shifting responsibility again, Han Zhengtai directly named the person in charge.

When the official document really went wrong, Han Zhengtai didn't ask the reason, but only held these two people accountable.

He would like to see how the two veterans, Yang Ming and Cen Liangjun, still try to shirk their responsibilities.

"Yes, my lord!"

Yang Ming and Cen Liangjun broke out in cold sweat on their foreheads, and hurriedly responded.

The two carried down the official document, put it away carefully, and without any hesitation, rushed to Han Zhengtai to listen to the training.

Han Zhengtai came to the warehouse, looked at the dilapidated gate and the leaky roof, frowned, and thought about how to deal with it.

"My lord, why don't we fix this warehouse with our own money." Yang Ming followed Han Zhengtai and made a suggestion.

Everyone in the Salt and Iron Division knows that this year's salt tax will definitely be able to be collected, so there is no need to go into too much detail about the reasons.