209 - 212

Chapter 209 Visit (2 more)

Early the next morning, Han Zhengtai visited Dugu Mansion with gifts.

"Master Han, please come inside, Lord Seven is already waiting for you."

The doorman took the greeting card, knew Han Zhengtai's identity, and quickly welcomed him in.

"Master Han, I hope to forgive you for being far behind."

Dugu Yuanhao was supported by his servants to meet Han Zhengtai in the flower hall.

"General Dugu is being polite. He brought some special products produced by Zhuangzi. Please don't dislike General Dugu."

Han Zhengtai asked Han Zhong to hand over the prepared gifts to the servants of the Dugu family.

Dugu Yuanhao nodded slightly when he heard that Han Zhengtai was bringing something from his own village, and became a little closer to Han Zhengtai.

After exchanging pleasantries, the two sat down.

"Master Han, I heard from the eldest son that Lord Han plans to hire disabled soldiers who have retired from the army to work in the fief?" Dugu Yuanhao took the initiative to bring up this matter.

"That's right, that's true."

Han Zhengtai nodded, and explained the employment to Lonely Yuanhao in detail.

He also doesn't need these people to sell themselves into slavery, as long as they can work with their heart, that's all.

Lonely Yuanhao naturally knew this, so he agreed to help Han Zhengtai in this matter.

"Then I wonder how many people Mr. Han needs?"

Although he knew the amount from Li Xiuwen, but for the sake of caution, Dugu Yuanhao was still going to confirm it with Han Zhengtai himself.

"It was originally planned to be one thousand, but it may need to be increased now. I just don't know how many people the army can provide."

Han Zhengtai frowned slightly, thought for a while and said.

Li Yuanmin is planning to promote him to the title, so Han Zhengtai's fiefdom can provide more household registration places, and in terms of manpower, he doesn't need to restrain himself within the range of 1,000.

It's just that Han Zhengtai doesn't know if the army can provide him with enough manpower.

"Why do we suddenly need so many people?"

Dugu Yuanhao looked at Han Zhengtai curiously and asked why.

"Because some people will be sent to build roads for the imperial court."

Han Zhengtai explained that he donated a concrete road to the imperial court, so the manpower is not enough now.

"What? You want to build a concrete road from Chang'an to Youzhou for free for the imperial court?!"

When Dugu Yuanhao heard the news about Han Zhengtai, he couldn't help but get excited.

Ever since Han Zhengtai opened the cement road, there has been a lot of noise. Although Dugu Yuanhao didn't go out, he heard about it.

Everyone is guessing the cost of the cement road. Of course, the price is higher, even higher than the most expensive bluestone road.

However, such a road, Han Zhengtai actually repaired it for the court for free?

And it's still such a long distance from Chang'an to Youzhou on the border.

"General Dugu, don't get excited."