Ponyboy Curtis (1)

Pony had always wondered what true love was like. He'd always use to ask Sodapop what it felt like since he was with Sandy (before they broke up).

He'd never really thought too much about it though, until he met you.

He remembers the day after school he had been waving to Cherry Valence in the gym, a girl on your cheer team and her continuing to ignore him and act like he wasn't there.

Some of the girls had giggled and laughed and whispered but you weren't like the other Soc cheerleaders. You kept your mouth closed and watched as he lowered his head and walked towards the gym exit.

You watched in sorrow as your friends called you, "Hey y/n c'mon over, don't you want to practice for the pep rally tomorrow?" One of the girls called.

"Yeah...let me just go get a drink of water first." You replied not looking at her but following Ponyboy out the door. "But your water bottle's right...here..."

You watched as Ponyboy kicked the air and slugged out into the hallway whispering curses at himself and about the cheer girls. It wasn't until the door slammed behind you that Ponyboy realized he wasn't alone. He turned around and was met with you, a preppy girl with her hair in a pony tail and two strands in the front of her face. She had on a light blue tank top and white shorts to match. And perfect leathered white sneakers.

"What do you want huh? To come and laugh at me again?" He replied but still approached you.

"I never laughed at you." You replied quietly, "I just wanted to talk to you." You said as he stopped in front of you.

Ponyboy took a long look at you possibly scanning you. But you must've passed the test because Ponyboy held out his hand and you shook it.

"Name's Ponyboy, but you can call me Pony."

"Interesting name...my name's y/n." "Yeah my dad was an interesting person, and that's a nice name."

You soon let go of his hand after a long while which you had to admit was incredibly soft. He must've noticed you sort of blushing because he gave a slight smile and scratched the back of his greasy blonde hair.

"So what's your deal y/n? Why'd ya call me out here huh?" Pony asked placing his hand on his hip.

"I just wanted to say that Cherry doesn't hate you. She's just being scared that her little school reputation will be ruined for talking to a greaser. If you want to talk to her, I'd suggest waiting for a non public moment."

He was quiet and still for a moment just thinking, you could almost see the gears moving in his head.

"But I just want to say it's not worth it to spend your time on someone who doesn't care enough to talk to you whenever."

"Aren't you her friend, why're you telling me all this huh?" Pony asked.

"Because she doesn't deserve you and I thought you should know your worth." You replied looking down at the ground.

"Oh yeah?" Pony asked smirking leaning one arm against the wall sort of towards you. "Why do you care so much?"

"Cause I don't know...you seem like a sweet guy." You replied trying to hide your smile.

"And you seem like a nice gal." He replied. It was silent for a moment.

"You like reading Ponyboy?" You asked, he nodded. "Yeah, how'd you know?" "I've seen you in the library like a lot."

"Oh yeah? You must be into reading too then?" You nodded.

"Well maybe we ought to get together sometime and discuss our favorite books? And maybe eat dinner I don't know." Ponyboy said.

"L-like a date?" You asked desperately holding in your joy.

"Sure if you'd like to call it that, how's about it?" He asked praying you'd say yes. And it's no surprise that you did. Now Ponyboy was cheesing at you and you just stared while giggling. There was no more embarrassment present, just you two shamelessly staring at each other giggling and blushing like middle school girls with crushes.

The only reason you guys finished anytime soon was because you heard the gym door open again and you and Ponyboy snapped out of it.

"Y/N! Where are you we have to practi....what's going on out here?" One of the cheerleaders asked putting her hands on her hips smirking knowingly.

"Nothing! I was just coming back." You replied as Pony whistled and got off the wall.

"Hmm alright..." she smiled, "Well come on then we have to finish practicing." She said. You turned back to Ponyboy and waved, and he did the same before you ran back over to the door.

"Hey wait," Pony said as you turned back around to him, "What day? What time?" He asked as you hesitated. "Uh is there any possible way you can stay until practice is done so we can talk about it? It's only another 25 minutes?" You asked.

"Uh," Pony knew Darry would probably be mad if he didn't get home soon, it's fine though he'd just tell Darry that he was with Johnny, "Sure!" He replied and you smiled as your friend pushed you inside the gym playfully.

"Ooh someone's got a boyfriend."

First Ponyboy imagine finished! Im also surprised that I'm getting a couple reads already! I really appreciate you guys taking your time to acknowledge my work!

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀