Ponyboy Curtis | (2)

"Come on Ponyboy! Hurry up let's go!" You said giggling as you ran up the hill. "Alright alright I'm almost there, it's not like your carrying anything heavy." Ponyboy said sarcastically but still smiled. 

You two were on your fourth ever date. You were so glad that you Ponyboy was your so significant other.

Ponyboy grunted as he made it up to the top of the hill with a picnic basket in one hand, and a red and white striped blanket in the other.

"Here let me help then." You said grabbing the blanket and placing it out along the green grass. Pony quickly put the heavy basket on top of it to prevent the wind from blowing it away. 

You and Ponyboy sat down on the blanket and began taking food out of it. Assortment of fruits, bologna sandwiches, condiment packets, chips, and bottled waters; all food Darry had voluntarily packed in the picnic basket. 

After preparing your food you and Pony dug in. "Oh wow." Pony said taking a huge bite. "Darry always does so well with these. I can't beli-" you were cut off by Ponyboy taking another huge bite of the sandwich. You just watched him for a moment before he realized how you got silent.

"Hmm?" He hummed pausing himself before stuffing a strawberry into his mouth. "You uh...hungry there Ponyboy? You asked stiffling a laugh as he gave a sarcastic smile. 

When you were finishing the last bite of your sandwich you heard a bit of commotion coming from Ponyboy. "What's going on?" You asked him as he quickly searched through the picnic basket, stopping immediately when you looked at him. "Nothing nothing go back to eating." He said nervously.

You gave him a quick side eye as you turned back to face the sun. This scenery seemed all too familiar, and it was. 

That night when Johnny murdered the Soc, Dally had sent you all away to this abandoned church to hideout. Over there you discovered you could still have fun while being on the run. This one morning, early in the morning Pony had recited a beautiful poem for you and Johnny called "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost. Just then the sun had rose too. It was one of the most beautiful moments ever, and looking over at Pony you had realized that you liked him. 

Well when you guys had come back home (yes Johnny survived) you and Pony had become even closer. And the gang had realized and put you both in possible romantic predicaments. And then you two became a thing. And you told him how you felt about that one morning in Windrixville. And on your first date he surprised you by taking you on top of the very hill you were on now for dinner and watching the sunset.

You watched as the sun started to set a little more. "Pony...?" You started, turning around as he began to take off his shoes. "C'mon up here y/n." Pony patted the open spot next to him. You sighed happily next to him and took your shoes off, both of your feet (with socks 💀) wrapped around each other.

"Here y/n I wanted you to have this." Pony said a bit nervously, opening his palm to reveal a necklace. The pendant read y/s/n (your ship name). "Oh wow Pony!" You said turning around so he could place it on your neck. "It's beautiful! What does it mean though?" You asked him.

"It's our ship name," Ponyboy said clearing his throat, "Sodapop came up with the idea. For him and Sandy but there names both start with the letter 'S'. And you know the whole situation..." Ponyboy said. (Apologies for anyone with the same letter name as Ponyboy's. You can your middle name, last name, or made up name.)

"I love it." You smiled as he did the same. You leaned forward to give him a kiss on the cheek. Ponyboy gave you a puzzled look. "What?" You laughed. "Come on I think I deserve a little more than that..." Pony said smirking.

"Fine." You said giving him a quick peck on the lips.

 "Err." Pony started.

You huffed giving him another.

"And that picnic basket. I carried it pretty far don't you think." Ponysaid as you laughed in how petty this man was. 

Still you gave him another kiss. And another. And another. And another.

"And also those-"

"Pony! We're going to miss the sunset making out if you don't quit anytime soon!" You laughed.

"Fine fine...not that I'd complain anyways." He whispered that last part under his breath. 

You and Pony watched, hands held together as you stared at the sunset. The wind was just right. It had the leaves making soothing noises behind you from the trees. And it made a beautiful scenery, not just from the trees in front of you, but your beautiful boyfriend next to you.

His eyes: a beautiful greenish gray. They lit up oh so perfectly in the sunlight.

 His hair: His hair still a white blonde from when he had it bleached during the hide out. But his natural brown hair growing at his roots. He left his hair ungreased today, and shaggy so it would blow in the wind. He knew you wanted it to be just like it was back at the church, when he has no form of grease. He would only ever do this for you.

His lips: Perfect and soft as always. A smile gracing them second by second.

You could go on and on about him. And he sure could about you to. You were so lost in thinking about him that you never caught him staring back at you.

You guys watched together as the sun fell behind the face of the Earth. About a minute after you looked over at Pony who looked almost as much a superstar as his brother Sodapop did with all that wind in his hair. And he looked back at you. Trying not to smile too hard at the contagiously cute grin you had on yours.

"Let's go home y/n?" He asked after putting his shoes on and standing up, reaching out his hand as you grabbed on. "Let's go home."

...

Years passed and this tradition continued on. And every time you two fell more in love. Of course you did other things, but this was always your favorite.

You both were twenty one now. And you two had been through it all together. It was pretty straight forwards that you two would be together forever.

You enjoyed almost every single day of your life with Ponyboy, especially that one day where you two were dancing on top of the hill. Rocking and swaying gently to the radio he had brought along. You laughing as he spun you around only for you to meet with him on one knee.