Chapter 16

Lorenzo

2 fucking months, 2 months and nothing has been found on Aella. I read the latest report Luca sent over while nursing a glass of whiskey. I've drank more whiskey these last 2 months than I've ever had in my entire life, that's something considering I started drinking at 16. Luca has not been able to find a trace of her anywhere. We've checked her job and her boss said she's never showed up for her shifts and the college said that she hasn't registered for classes for the next school year.
I thought with Luca and Adam working together they would've found her sooner but now I'm having doubts. I'm worried for her wellbeing, if she's been kidnapped or if she just disappeared off the face of the earth. I'm not able to sleep long enough plagued with memories of her. I only go home to shower or grab a couple clothes, I've been sleeping in the office not comfortable being in a space she once occupied.

There's a knock on the door and Taylor comes in.
"Sir you have a meeting at 10 with Mr.Vanderbilt."
"Have Tom attend in my place, you're excused" I said callously. He dips out the room. Tom is my COO, most meetings I've had he's attended in my place. When it comes to documents that needs signing I look into those myself. I've become heartless and unemotional, unleashing my wrath on my employees. Luca told me that the employees have a nickname for me now, the devil. I would have minded before but now I don't care how they see me. Without Aella here my life's been meaningless.
Luca shoves my door open walking in with a swagger he's perfected.
"Why are you here?" I demanded annoyed by his mere presence.
"Will you ever give up on searching for Aella?"
"What kind of dumb fucking question is that?" I growled out, what makes him think that he can ask me something like that. No I will not stop looking for Aella, if it takes me months or years I'll never stop searching. When I find her she's going to marry me and I'm going to put my baby in her so that she'll never be able to leave me again.
"I will not stop looking for her ever, if it takes me months or years I will not stop." He gulps at my possessive words.
"Ok then it might take a while, me and Adam are still searching every corner, we've even started looking into other countries in case she's decided to run to Europe or something." I twist the gold ring on my pinky deep in thought, Aella could have ran to Europe, she's told me that she dreamed of visiting France.
"You do that, continue giving me updates and tell Adam that he'll be paid handsomely for his services, his help is appreciated." He nods his head and leaves.

" He nods his head and leaves

Luca

I exit Enzo's office, Aella's seriously fucked. From Enzo's words he'll never give up on her, she can't be in hiding forever but with how Enzo sounds it seems like it might be forever. With how he's been I wonder how people haven't questioned his ability to run the company. I'm not saying he's slacking but he hasn't been to a majority of the meetings and he's always stuck in his office all day. Employees fear him calling him the devil because of his temper, only two people have the guts to enter his office, Taylor and I.
I call the contact on my phone listed as A, a few rings and she answers.
"Luca?" She questioned confused.
"Hi Aella, I'm just calling early."
"Why? What's wrong? Is it Mom?" She asked panicking. Her breathing uneven.
"No, no it's not your Mom everyone's fine. It's Enzo" At his name she exhales deeply as if in pain.
"Is he alright?" She whispered. From our biweekly conversations it seems like Aella still cares about Enzo but despises him because of his actions. She once told me that if he was truthful from the start she would've waited for him to get divorced, however since he's broken her trust in him she can't get over it no won't get over. I wonder if they would ever get past this, if she would forgive him and come back.
"Enzo's fine, I actually called to warn you about him, he's not giving up on you, so you might be in hiding for a while." I told her, giving her a heads up about what's happening over here.
"0h, I would've thought that he'd find another woman by now." She said.
"Enzo's not going to find another woman, he loves you, he's obsessed with you, he even has a picture of you on his desk that I caught him staring at dreamily a couple times." I don't know whether to laugh or be serious, it's honestly like two lovers who got into a fight and one is too stubborn to forgive the other.
"It doesn't matter, he broke me Luca. I don't want to know that feeling again, I c-can't trust that he's not go-going to lie to me again." She stumbles over her words clearly still heartbroken about Enzo's marriage, he's divorced now but she doesn't know that I don't think it'll even matter if she knew, I'm sure she'll never forgive him.
"Talk to you later Aella, our times almost up." Remembering that we only have two minutes to talk so that the call can't be traced.
"Ok Luca, talk to you in 2 weeks." She hangs up.
Aella calls me one week and the following week she talks with her Mom and Melanie.
I drive home and think about all that's happened in the past few months, Enzo's and Aella's love blooming, him keeping secrets, Aella finding out and me helping her runaway. I don't regret helping her but I do regret how it's affecting Enzo. Hopefully he can move on soon but I doubt he'll ever move on from Aella. I hope I never fall in love because it seems like shit.