Chapter 2: The Clash of Differences

Atlas POV

As the final bell rang, signaling the end of the class, I gathered my belongings and made my way towards Trevor, determined to discuss our upcoming baby project. I couldn't let this project slip away or be ruined by Trevor's nonchalant attitude.

"Trevor, we need to talk about the project," I called out, trying to catch up to him before he could disappear into the crowd.

He turned around, a smug grin spreading across his face. "What's up, Captain Perfect? Ready to take on the world of parenting with me?" he taunted, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

I clenched my fists, trying to maintain my composure. "Look, Trevor, I know we've never seen eye-to-eye, but this project is important. It's a big part of our grade, and I don't want it to affect my scholarship opportunities for college."

Trevor crossed his arms and leaned against the lockers, his expression still mocking. "And why should I care about your precious grades and scholarships? This whole project is a joke anyway. It's just a stupid doll."

My frustration grew, and I took a step closer, my voice filled with determination. "It might be just a doll, but it's a responsibility. This project matters to me, Trevor. We can't afford to fail."

He scoffed, his eyes filled with defiance. "Why should I waste my time on this? I have better things to do than pretend to be a parent to a plastic baby."

My patience was wearing thin. I knew convincing Trevor would be a challenge, but I had to make him understand. "Trevor, we may not be friends, but we're in this together. We have to find a way to make it work. Besides, think about the lesson we could learn from this experience. It's more than just a grade—it's about responsibility, communication, and understanding."

Trevor let out a hollow laugh, his arrogance shining through. "You think I need a plastic doll to teach me about responsibility? I've been taking care of myself just fine."

His dismissive attitude fueled my anger. "Fine, if you don't want to take this seriously, then maybe I should request a partner change. I'll find someone who actually cares about doing well in this project."

For a moment, Trevor's smirk faded, and a flicker of uncertainty crossed his eyes. But it quickly vanished, replaced by his usual defiance. "Go ahead, Captain Perfect. See if I care. I'm not doing this project, with you or anyone else."

With those words, he turned and walked away, leaving me standing there, seething with frustration. How could he be so stubborn? This project meant something to me, and I wasn't about to let his indifference ruin it.

As I watched Trevor disappear down the hallway, a determination took hold of me. I couldn't let his attitude hinder my success. I would find a way to make this project work, with or without him. If Trevor refused to participate, then I would have to shoulder the responsibility myself.

Gritting my teeth, I resolved to prove to Trevor that I could handle this project on my own. This baby project was more than just a grade to me—it was an opportunity for growth and understanding. I was determined to make the most of it, regardless of the challenges that lay ahead.