Chapter 5: Naming Conundrums

Atlas POV

I nearly spat out the juice I was drinking when Trevor casually dropped the question, "So, what are we gonna name our baby?"

Choking on my laughter, I wiped my mouth and looked at Trevor in disbelief. Was he serious? We hadn't even discussed the logistics of parenting, and he was already diving headfirst into naming our plastic offspring.

Regaining my composure, I mustered a lighthearted tone. "Well, Trevor, slow down there. Let's not rush into naming the baby just yet. We have to figure out how we're going to handle feeding, diaper changes, and all that fun stuff first."

Trevor's smirk grew wider as he leaned back in his chair. "Come on, Captain Perfect, where's your sense of humor? Naming the baby doll is the best part! How about Trevor Jr.? Sounds cool, doesn't it?"

I burst into laughter, unable to contain myself any longer. "Trevor Jr.? Are you serious? You want to name our baby after yourself? That's a whole new level of egotism, my friend."

Trevor shrugged, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Why not? It's not like we're going to be real parents. Might as well have some fun with it, right?"

I chuckled, realizing that maybe Trevor had a point. This project didn't have to be all serious and solemn. We could inject a bit of humor into it and make the most of the experience.

"All right, Trevor Jr. it is," I conceded, shaking my head in amusement. "But only if we come up with a ridiculously extravagant backstory for our plastic progeny. We'll have to make Trevor Jr. the most interesting baby doll in the history of baby dolls."

Trevor leaned forward, a mischievous grin playing on his lips. "Oh, you have no idea, Captain Perfect. Trevor Jr. will be the hero of our imaginary world. He'll save the world from diaper disasters and spit-up catastrophes."

I couldn't help but laugh at Trevor's enthusiastic imagination. It was contagious, and for the first time since the project began, I felt a genuine sense of camaraderie with him.

As we continued brainstorming elaborate stories and adventures for Trevor Jr., our apprehensions and differences slowly faded into the background. The weight of the project became lighter, transformed into an opportunity for shared laughter and unexpected connections.

Little did we know that our playful banter and the absurdity of naming a plastic doll after Trevor would lay the foundation for a unique and genuine bond.

-----

Author's Note: Don't forget to vote if you like my story, it would mean so much to me <3