Chapter 7: Animan

Cole POV

Since I was bored at home, Layla and I decided to go to the zoo. And, much to my shock, Layla convinced Samantha to join in. As we looked at the exhibits, Layla noticed how close Samantha and I are and vanished out of sight, sending a text saying.

Good luck, Lovebirds. 😘

I sighed and looked at Samantha, who was petting a koala. My cheeks turned red as I watched her.

"Cole? You ok?" She asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Just forget to mention you look good." I said.

Samantha looked down at her red t -shirt, dark blue jeans and black pumps. Her copper red hair was tied into a ponytail.

"Oh. Thanks. Though I wished I wore my sneakers instead of these pumps. They're so uncomfortable." Samantha replied.

I turned right and saw a popcorn stand. I bought some popcorn for Samantha and I and started looking for the panther. As I was walking I saw Alya...hiding behind a tree? 

"Wonder what she's up too?" Samantha asked.

"Probably getting a new scoop for her blog." I said as I picked up a popcorn.

"Watch this." I said with a grin.

I tossed a singular popcorn at her, and hid from her sights. 

"Hey! Who did that?! I swear! When I find you I'll-!" Alya raged while Samantha and I laughed.

"That was so messed up, Cole." Alya said.

"Sorry. Couldn't resist. You looked like you were undercover or something. Or are you looking for someone?" I replied.

"N-no! Um...you know, I...I'm starting a new blog about trees! And anything green!" Alya said.

"Alya. We both know you're lying." Samantha replied with a dead pan looked

"Oh yeah! Well, what about you two? Are you guys on a date?" Alya countered.

We blushed and looked away from each other.

"No. We're just two friends." I said.

"Hanging out. As usual." Samantha finished.

Alya looked at us with a shake of her head.

"Yeah. Ok. Come on, lovebirds. Let's go see the panther." She said.

After an hour of walking around, we finally saw the panther in all its glory.

"Aww. It's kinda cute." Samantha cooed.

"Cute and deadly. Look at the size of that thing!" I replied.

"They eat more than a single piece of meat. With a balanced diet, they can run at speeds in excess of 60 miles per hour." Max said.

"60 miles per hour? Is that all? I thought panthers were much faster than that. I bet that I could beat it in a race." Kim replied confidentiality.

"That is unless you want to get eaten." I said while Samantha giggled.

The man who fed the panther looked at Kim if he were insane.

"Impossible. No human being could compete with my panther." He said, petting the panther.

"Don't try it, man. No one can outrun a panther. Hell, even Usain Bolt can't beat him!" I said.

"Cole's right. Don't do it." Samantha added.

Kim ignored us and faced the duo.

"What place did your cat come in at the County Athletics Tournament?" Kim taunted, much to the panther's chagrin.