The Saiyan and Tohka

"Hmm...? Hey... Goku, do you smell that?"

"Smell?" Goku repeated.

Goku shut his eyes and took a whiff of the surroundings, his eyes popping open upon catching the fragrant, lively aroma in the air.

"I think it's coming from there."

With that, he gestured towards the bakery on the right. Boy, did he have a craving to step inside.

"Oh..."

With just that utterance, Tohka gazed in that direction. "Hey Tohka, we can go in if you want."

"..."

As if on cue, both of their stomachs rumbled simultaneously, resembling the roar of a bear.

"If Goku wants to go in, then I want to as well."

"That's great because I really want to go in."

"Is that so? Well, I have no choice then!"

Overflowing with enthusiasm, Tohka replied and triumphantly swung open the bakery door.

------------------------------------------------------

Hiding in the shadow of the walls, Origami stared fixatedly at the boy-girl pair talking in front of the bakery, and without her expressions changing even one millimeter she let out a short breath.

She had gone to school only to find that it was closed, and on the return home, she had noticed Goku walking together with a female student.

Just that was already an extremely serious situation. Like a lover, she quietly began to tail them.

However-there was an even bigger problem than that. That female student, Origami recognized it.

"─Spirit."

Quietly, she muttered.

That's right. Monster. Abnormality. The calamity that would destroy the world.

The thing that was not human, whom Origami's group was supposed to annihilate, was wearing a uniform and walking beside Goku.

But if she calmly thought about it, such a thing was not possible.

Before a Spirit appears, as a precursor, a foreshock of abnormal levels would have been detected. There was no way AST's observation squad would have missed that.

But, in that case the Spacequake alarm should have sounded like the previous day, and an order should have also reached Origami.

Origami took out her cellphone from her bag and opened it. There were no messages.

In that case, then that girl was not a Spirit after all, but just someone who had an accidental resemblance.

"There's no way that's the case."

Quietly, her lips moved. There was no way Origami could have mistaken the Spirit's face.

Origami pushed some buttons on her cellphone, opening her address book and called a number inside.

Then.

"─AST, Master Sergeant Tobiichi. A-0613"

Stating her position and ID code. She then cut to the chase. "Send me one observation machine."

------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, Reine~. If you don't want that, then let me have it."