5

Long ago...

The sound of footsteps ego through the silent cave; the black-haired person opens his eyes again to meet with a bright light.

A small girl with (h/c) runs around and stops; she turns to meet "Durin!" smiling cutely.

"Hello, Y/n," he smiled as he picked her up

"Hehe! Play!" she said

"Alright, let's play...what do you want to play?"

"Anything!"

"Shall we go over the words game again?"

"Yes!" she beams as she jumps up and down.

----

"You see this sheath? If it has gone and later come back, then it means a day has passed," he said

"Wow...why so important?" the girl who looks about nine years old.

"Because then, at least you know what to look forward to," he smiled as he padded her head.

"I don't understand...but I always have durin' with me. I think I will be fine," she beams

"You never know what will happen" he let out a small smile

"Hehe, you said you would show me outside once you finish your work."

"Yes, at least when I think it safe, then I can take you to look outside."

"Ok, that will be a promise, right?"

He giggles, "Yes, that is a promise" he pads her head as she laughs along.

----

"This is Rei! I will name this thing Rei!"
A girl who looks about eleven years old holds something round like a ball.

"Rei, why?" asked the man

"Easy to remember," she quickly replies

"Haha...good for you, y/n," he smiled, "after all, this will be your friend."

"I know! And my first ever magic!" she said happily.

"To be able to use magic instead of elements...how will they react..." he mumbled.

"Durin?" she got closer, "what's wrong?" she asked

"Nothing...just thinking how to get you out of this cave," he said as he lay down on the grass.

"Ehhhhh? You always say that, but I never see the results," she lay down too.

"Haha, you will see," he said, "oh, and I will be gone for a couple of days to take care of some work."

"Oh, ok. Bring me back some gift!"

"This kid, when did you learn to ask for a gift."

"You teach me."

"Ah...right," he deadpans as he knows he teaches her words.

-----

-a week pass-

"He said he will be gone for someday; when will he return?"

-2 weeks pass-

"He is taking too long..."

-a month pass-

"...rei, did he break his promise for the first time?"

-2 months pass-

"Sob* Sob* rei, does he not care about us anymore?"

-3 months pass-

"Rei, I had a dream last night. Apparently, Durin, he no longer with us."

Meow~

"Mhm, I guess he is. He did tell us that if we don't ever see him again, he is no longer with us."

Meow~

"Yes, Rei. It's just us two now."

-3 months pass-

"Hm? Looking for a way to #######?" she asks the person in blonde

"Yes, is there a way?"

"...I don't know, I've never been out. How could I possibly know" she said

"But you have been here all this time..." he said

  Her (e/c) looked at him repeatedly, "...supposedly I do know. What will you do?" she got up, and she walked around him.

"I want to free them," he said

"...too bad, I don't think I can help, but I do want to give some advice," she stopped in front of him, "don't try to poke too much...for you who is not here to belong here is not favorable."

He stopped and turned around "..." That was also the last time she saw him.

"How weird...he is not even a person at this point..." she said as she hugged Rei. "Well, I guess he is my first guest...hello and goodbye," you use Rei's hand to wave.

-----
Present
-----

She woke up from the voice, turning to see a particular person next to her "...Albedo?"

"Ah, you're awake..." he let out a gentle smile, "you were sleeping so calmly."

"...I guess I am."
She looks at him to know he's still here. She thought he would leave soon, but to her surprise, he didn't.

  He comes and goes whenever she needs to rest. "You come again," she said.

"I thought you would need some company," he said as he finished something in his book and closed it.

"Still, coming every day make you tired," she said, looking at his book.

"...not really," he replied, "I would say now is the most relaxing time for me" he smiled

"...fine" she slowly blushes. "I don't mind what you do anyway."

"Haha," he chuckles, "that nice..."

Just little by little, her little heart begin to open up to something new. Something she has never learned before. It was uncomfortable but also lovely, like a butterfly running around everywhere.

'Geez, Durin. You never teach me about what the butterfly is for,' she pouted as she continued to have those feelings.

To be Continued...

What do you think? Comment!