Teacher's PET | LAST PART *

words count: 2,141

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

"I'm going out tonight." I told my dad as I grabbed my jacket and put it on.

"Where? With who? I thought we were celebrating your 18th birthday with the rest of the family?" He asked me, crossing his arms as he looked at how I was dressed. "Don't you have something else to wear for high school?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

   𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 at my outfit and smiled to myself. "No. It's not like I'm naked though. Chill. And... No I don't wanna spend the evening arguing with my aunt and my uncle about the fact I can't go to Columbia to continue my studies just like them. I'd rather prefer celebrate it with my friend."

"Come on, they're only talking about Columbia because they want the best for you. And who's your friend? Did I meet them?"

"No you did not and I don't care if they want the best for me, I want to stay in California."

"Are they a boy or a girl?"

"Why are you asking that anyway? You don't have to know who I'm friend with."

"I just don't want you to get pregnant if you're fucking with a guy without protection."

"I don't think I can get pregnant..." I mumbled, thinking about her obviously.

"What did you say?" My dad snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uh— Nothing. I— I have to go or I'm gonna be late. I'll see you later. Bye!" I waved my dad and left the house, walking towards the high school. Thank god I don't leave that far from the school.

   𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 10 minutes before I eventually got there, welcoming by the one and only, Liz, my best friend. We gave each other a quick hug and joined our lockers. We didn't have the same classes so we will catch up at lunch. When I was about to go to my classroom, I noticed Miss Steinfeld, Hailee, talking to some guy I never saw. I found a place to hide and listened to what they were saying. I know it's wrong, but I can't help it.

"We're going out tonight?" The man asked Hailee, playing with her fingers.

"I can't. I have work to do. I have to correct my students' tests."

"Come on, it's only one night, Hailee. Your students can wait. Why are you so distant with me these past few weeks?" He lowered his hand that was on her back, to her thigh. I flinched a little at the sight of his hand and I dropped my phone which made a noise. Both of them turned around only to see me grabbing my phone from the floor and smiling shyly, like I did nothing.

"Y/N?" Hailee started, "What are you doing here? Don't you have class to attend to?"

"I— Uh... I needed to see the school nurse... 'Cause... Uh... Well.. My..  My legs hurt.." That was a big lie and Hailee could easily guessed it since I was stuttering like crazy. She moved away from the guy who is, I suppose, her boyfriend, and came closer to me.

"Don't imagine things. Nothing happened."

"I didn't imagine things. Is he your boyfriend?" I looked at him discretely then focus back to Hailee's hazel eyes.

"Yes, he—"

"Cool." I casually said, wanting to hit me for what I just said. No. Not cool at all.

"Listen, Y/N, I.. It's your birthday today, right? You're 18?"

"Yeah. I am. Why?"

"I have a gift for you, a surprise."

"What is it?" I asked, obviously wanting to know more.