The Pop Star and The Rapper *

Summary : [Y/N] [Y/L/N] and Hailee Steinfeld are THE power couple of Hollywood. The public eye thinks that [Y/N] is the leader, the "dominant" of their relationship due to the fact she's a famous rapper. But a title doesn't define who we truly are...

words count : 3,887
a/n: i'm just a girl 🎀

— not proofread

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
• 3rd POV •

     [Y/N] [Y/L/N] isn't a nobody. She quickly became famous thanks to her multiple songs that appeared in the Top 100 charts of the month. With 96 million followers on Instagram and 40,000,000 streams per month on Spotify, she is the revelation of the decade.

     Her girlfriend since six months (three months exactly since they made it official), is a very well known person as well. Hailee Steinfeld. This name resonates in every bi women's head.  Obviously, most girls know her because she played magnificently Emily Dickinson in Apple TV+ series. But Hailee isn't only an actress. She's a pop star. She made platinum singles at only 24 years old. She's now twenty-seven. On her way to her twenty-eight.

     Hailee and [Y/N] is a couple that no one expected. Maybe because they are both on different music industries. Hailee is a pop singer meanwhile [Y/N] is a rapper. The worlds between the two is very different. But yet, they still found each other through social media. Hailee was the first one to make a move on [Y/N] by commenting under her posts and replying to her stories. At the beginning, [Y/N] wasn't particularly interested in having a relationship with a woman nor a man. She wanted to prioritize her young career since she's only twenty-four years old.

But things happen for a reason.

     [Y/N] found out, thanks to her brother's help, that Hailee did talk about her during a game she played for ELLE called "Song Association". Words were given to her and she had to sing a song with that specific word in it. She sang a few lyrics from one of [Y/N]'s songs and she did compliment her. Not once. Not twice. But thrice.

      [Y/N]'s brother was crazy when he found about Hailee Steinfeld simping over his younger sister. He almost begged her to pay attention to Hailee. Because if she wouldn't, he would. And of course, when [Y/N] googled Hailee's name, only a few seconds were necessary for her to make a decision. She would never let her older brother make a move on Hailee.

      When Hailee and [Y/N] made it official (well, when [Y/N] let it slipped out of her mouth without really paying attention of what she was saying), the public eye, the media, the fans, literally everyone thought that due to her title as rapper, [Y/N] would be the one being all touchy, all possessive, all jealous. But a title doesn't define who we are...

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
• [Y/N]'s POV •

     Hailee booked an entire trip to France. Started in Paris then South of France. I wasn't aware of this trip before two days ago. She didn't even let me greet her when she came to my penthouse because she immediately started talking about this little trip. She explained everything. We'd stay in Paris for the Fashion Week because she was invited by Miu Miu to watch the fashion show. We'd stay two days before flying to South of France, to Cannes, for three days before flying back to California.

      I loved fashion. Well, I secretly loved fashion. But I wasn't that interested in it and I didn't know that much about it. I just loved it. Wearing different clothes for different occasions. Sometimes I felt more confident in a suit and other times I was feeling very sexy in a dress. I wore comfy clothes when I stayed home and casual outfits when I was hanging out with friends... or Hailee. Fashion shows weren't just my thing. There were too much people, too much paparazzis and photographers. Too much fans as well even though I did love to meet them. I was just not feeling it, being surrounded by hundreds of strangers. I was shy. And easily intimidated. That must be surprising since I'm a rapper but... I guess being a rapper is just a title and when you have that title, from people's perspective, you have an extroverted personality. You talk to people easily, you have many many friends, you aren't afraid of the crowd, you don't have to be all shy and blush when someone makes a compliment about you and your skills. You don't have to pretend that you're someone you're actually not.