1

Life. A pretty simple word that holds a million meanings.

Her heart was pounding in her chest as she ran towards her apartment.
Her hands were pumped due to the weight of the plastic bag she was carrying.

She kept running and running until she bumped into a hard surface that resulted in her falling on the ground.
She scrambled to gather the things fallen from her bag. It contained Coal Briquettes...too many of them.

The people looking at her were puzzled at her behaviour. She quickly stumbled her way up only to stagger backwards after witnessing the sight in front of her.

A man lay there, lifeless with a pool of blood surrounding him and 4 men stood over him with guns and pistols in their hands.

"You shouldn't have come this way princess" One of them pointed his gun at her. She stood there, unwavering causing him to raise his brows in confusion.

"People start begging by now" Another one remarked, amused. She bitterly laughed and just shook her head. "Why should I beg for something meaningless?" All this time she felt tremondous amount of liquid pouring down both of her hands.

"You are going to die anyway so we shall let you know that we are not good people to come across in your life, you know"

"Its pretty evident. You either work for the law or against it. Well now I know its the latter" Her vision was getting somewhat blurry.

"Why are we conversing with her? Shouldn't we just end her?" One who had his hands stuffed in his jacket spoke up.

"Calm down a little, 8" The one pointing his gun at her, commanded.

The scene infront of her kept getting blurry and their voices started to zoom out.
Was this how it felt before dying?

"This is way...better than I thought" She fumbled with her words before everything went black.