the late autumn set in. it was breezy, the coldness hitting every part of the city. leaves have fallen down and turned into a pretty orange colour, pumpkins have started to get carved, scarfs and hats were worn.

it was autumn, sofia's favourite season.

(sofia's pov)

"SOFIA, GET UP RIGHT NOW." was heard from the hall.

i haven't heard it. at least, i though it was from my dream. i turned around in annoyance, hoping the screaming would stop.

now, let's stop for a little. hi, my name is sofia. as you can see, my life, pretty far, is the most basic teenager life you could have. I'm 17, italian and i live in the us. now, let's continue.

"ALZI SUBITO!" was heard again, and this time, i recognized the voice.

my eyes flew open and i quickly looked at the time.

it was already 7:40 am.

the bus left at 8 am.

shit.

i quickly got up and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. seriously, how did i always manage to get up last minute?

it took me precisely 5 minutes and 46 seconds to do my morning skincare before i styled my hair, which took me another 8 minutes.

my unfirom was scattered all over my room. it was pretty, at least.

"SOFIA PORTARE IL CULO QUI!" my mom screamed again, telling me to hurry up since it was already 7:52 am.

"SÌ SÌ MAMMA, DAMMI UN MINUTO!" i screamed back, already afraid of the reaction my mon probably got after hearing that.

i put some concealer over my red spots and i just tossed the rest of my makeup in my bag since i had no time left.

as i ran downstairs, i accidentally bumped into my dad who was pretty much dead.

"ciao pappa, vado a scuola." i kissed him on the cheek as he was still processing who i was.

as i finally got downstairs, i put on my shoes and wrapped myself in the warmest coat i could find. i quickly apologized to my mom as se gave me a glare.

she also gave me a small toast, which made me smile.

"ciao mamma. ci vediamo dopo la scuola." i kissed her cheek and ran outside, where stood my best friend, christopher.

"didn't think you would actually show up." he giggled.

"shut it." i replied, dragging him to the bus station.

"whatever makes you happy." he teased as he walked calmly behind me.

i put on my headphones and blasted some random music, whatever came to my mind.

"take those damn headphones off sophie i wanna talk to youuuuu."

"i don't."

"well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"well, someone was a result of his mother's failed abortion."

he stopped in his tracks for a second, which made me scared he actually got offended. i didn't actually mean it, i was just in a bad mood today.

"that was such a good one." he quietly said as he burst into laughter.

i snorted, continuing walking as he ran after me.

we continued walking in a comfortable silence, him sometimes trying to trip me follwed by me cussing him out.

we made it!