it was the end of november. mostly all of the trees were stripped of their leaves. the ones that were left were muddy and wet, all over the ground.

the late autumn breeze had set it, it was perfect for my liking.

i love autumn.

2 weeks have passed since my parents' divorce. my mom gained full custody of me, though i was still allowed to visit my father. he unfortinately turned into an alcoholic.

after losing his wife and kids, he started drinking, hence why he lost his job.

everytime i come over he reeks of alcohol. i know that he still cares but he can't show it anymore. it makes me sad, honestly.

ethan and i went to the cinema and watched ghostbusters. we held hands.

anyways, life is good. i finally forgot my problems again and i enjoy life as a teenager.

right now I'm in math class. ethan has been sending me little notes with hearts on them, each one a different colour. i still haven't told anymore other than lily about him.

"pssssst, sophie!" ethan tapped my shoulder.

"what?" i turned around, trying to hide my smile.

"do you know how to solve this problem?" he whispered.

"it's basicially 6th grade algebra, ethan." i slapped his arm and turned around. he could at least try and be more smooth.

the rest of the class went smoothly. ethan kept sending me hearts and i played rock paper scissors with chris.

as i was going up to my locker to touch up my lipgloss, as well as cover some of the bruises from those girls, ethan came up to me again.

"i can see you ethan." i sighed because he was trying to hide behind my locker.

"whoops." he came out and leaned against my locker.

"what do you want now?" i asked, trying to hide my smile again when he came closer. unfortunately, he saw me blush.

"can i take you out tonight? as a date." he smirked, looking right in my eyes.

"and where would that be?" i asked, trying to make me seem like as if i wasn't blushing.

"wherever you want to. I'm fine with anything." he smiled again, giving me a lollipop.

"I'll think about it." i smiled at him, putting the lollipop, closing the locker and leaving.

i could still see him standing there, looking at me and waving.

as i continued walking, chris ran up to me.

"hey soph, who was that creep?" he asked not-so-very-nicely.

"a... close friend?" i giggled.

"yeah right, you rat." he rolled his eyes as i laughed.

"but seriously, be careful around guys." he murmured as we stopped because i was thirsty.

"sure, I'll be on my watch, dad." i deadpanned, drinking some water.

he stayed quiet for a little while which made me think i hurt him again.

"yo chris, you good?" i asked, trying to gain his attention.

"no, yeah, I'm fine, I'll just head to my class." i mumbled, leaving.

what is up with him today?

i finally started going to my next class, biology.

timeskip - after school

i was laying in my bed, doing absolutely nothing. i had no makeup, no hair styling products and i was in a crop top and sweat pants.

i was reading one of my favourite books, it. my radio was also playing in the backround, some tears for fears or madonna. it was supposed to be a chill evening.

until it wasn't.

i heard something hitting my window, which basically scared the living shit out of me. my window is not even that high, so it didn't surprise me when i saw someone standing there. hell, the person could've climbed in my room but they didn't.

i finally opened my window and saw ethan standing there with some flowers.

"what are you doing? it's 9 pm!" i whisper-screamed, a blush already forming on my face.

"you never told me yes or no to going on a date, so im here to pick you up!" he replied back, shooting me a smile.

"for gods sake, ethan. I'm in my pajamas." i laughed.

"that's fine, we're just gonna hang outside, you know?" he scratched the back of his neck.

"you are such a nuisance." i laughed again and went in my room to at least put a jacket on.

i wasn't allowed to leave at 9 pm, so i had to sneak out of my window. it was pretty painful.

i finally jumped out and was met with ethan standing there, smiling like an idiot.

"fuck you."i laughed, walking in front of him.

"wait for me!" he laughed, running up to me and putting an arm around me.

"how did you even know where i live?"

"i asked your friend." he replied nonchalantly.

god lily, you're gonna be the death of me.

we walked together to the nearest shop, grabbing some blue slushies.

"it's such a good idea to get freezing cold slushies at 9 pm, on a november-cold-school night." i deadpanned, already feeling a brainfreeze forming.

"whoops." he giggled, throwing his arm around me again.

we decided to go next to a small river. there was a little bench which we sat down on and drank out slushies.

"it's fucking freezing jesus." i mumbled, trying to warm myself up.

ethan looked at me, smiled, and then put his slushie on the bench. he proceeded to get up, take off his jacket and wrap it around me.

"wait, but you're in short sleeves! you'll freeze to death!" i panicked, trying to give him his jacket back.

"don't worry, i endure cold weather pretty well. I'm completely fine. he smiled at me, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"at least take my scarf." i mumbled, taking off my scarf and putting it on him. he just looked at me without saying anything.

"don't blame me when you get the worlds' biggest flu." i giggled as he grabbed my hands.

"can i kiss you?" he whispered.

i looked at him in slight shock and i felt another blush forming on my face.

"you may." i smiled, closing my eyes and feeling his lips on mine.

they were soft, also pretty cold. we moved our lips in unison and i felt him smile a few times.

i placed my hand around his neck as he caressed my face. suddenly, i was very hot, i couldn't even feel the autumn breeze anymore.

we both pulled away, smiling and blushing like idiots. he put his arm around me again as i snuggled in his chest. it felt warm, but something was still missing, though i couldn't figure out what it was.

guys i promise it will get better, I'm building up the tension😭