Chapter 47 - The Train Yard

Photo by Oram24 on Flickr

Gore and Violence Warning ⚠️ 

———————————————————————————

      The trip to the designated meet-up point was going to take a few days. The wait for everyone involved may take a few more even.

      But after two days of nonstop driving and the occasional stops that weren't too long, the Zone had reached a halfway point and stopped along a small bridge overlooking a creek so the Chief can contact Zone 11 to stay up to date with where they were.

      He's been keeping them in the know about all of the recent events and changes to the plan. The Chief of Zone 11 already wasn't too fond of the idea of the Outsiders getting involved when Jules first introduced it to them before this whole mission began. But now there were going to be demons fighting alongside them too. If it was any other situation, this would've been a no-go for Zone 11's Chief but they did need the numbers...

      While the Zone was stopped, (Y/N) found her way down to the water below and sat against the cool ground. Her knees were to her chest and her head in her arms while she took the time to gather her thoughts together.

       They were getting closer and closer to the battle. The thought of avenging her community and family was becoming more persistent as the days went on but also her rising guilt from her being the force that drove Yama away...

       She took a deep breath as her head moved up slightly to watch the water of the creek flow by. A small fish swam close to the surface and glided through the water.

       Despite how both determined and guilty she felt... she was more scared than anything.

       Anything could happen. On one side of the coin, they won the battle. Killing Zankora and ridding the world of the Elitists and anything involving Zankoku for good. She'll avenge her community, find Yama, and everything will be ok.

       But then the other side was their loss... A repeat of everything she went through and more.

       That alone terrified her. The fire, destruction, and blood...

       She promised herself to make sure none of that ever happened again. Even if she gets hurt in the process, she didn't want to lose her new sense of family again...

        The spot next to her was filled up as B took a seat next to her. She had two pouches in her hand with the reserves label on them and held one out for (Y/N) to take.

"You haven't ate anything in days." B stated when she saw (Y/N)'s unsure looks at the pouch. "I know demons don't need to eat much, but still."

        (Y/N) pursed her lips and took the pouch from her. She had to figure out how to open it up but when she did and took a sip from it like B was, she tasted a mixture of fruit and vegetables. But it didn't taste natural. She pulled it back with a weirded-out look and turned to her friend who didn't mind the taste. "What is this..?"

"Lunch. It's like a smoothie mixed with protein." B said as she laid back on the cool ground and finished her pouch.

       (Y/N) was going to question why on Earth would they drink this but then she had a confused look at how B described it. "What's a smoothie?"

       B's eyes widened as she looked at (Y/N) with a shocked expression. "Don't tell me..."

       (Y/N) continued to look confused as she waited for an explanation.

       "There is so much I have to teach you." B sighed. "I need to start making a list. After this fight is over, you're getting a crash course on everything."