Chapter 60 - The Traitor

(Y/N) followed behind Chey and kept him close. Using him to spot any other Elitists and keep her hidden.

      All to his detest of course.

      She kept the hold tight on his heart to ensure he didn't try to turn on her. Her plan was to find Yama or B. Hopefully both. So the first place she made the Elitist take her was the cells.

       Once they entered the hall leading to them, she rushed over to the cell that B should be in.

"Blythe!" (Y/N) called as she reached the cell but didn't see her friend inside. She was gone.

"No no no no..." She went inside and to the spot where she last saw B. Did other Elitists find her? Did she get up and leave on her own?

       Chey tsked from the hall and leaned against the wall to hold his chest in his hands. He hasn't been able to stop breathing heavily since the hold was placed. It's like it was pressing against his lungs.

        She noted that Yama wasn't here either. He was still somewhere in the asylum where anything could happen. This only made her worries worse. She was desperate to find them but this place being as big as it was made the task difficult.

       A rumble went across the building from outside. A loud roar of thunder struck. It was muffled where they were but broke her from her anxious thoughts. She turned to head back to the hall and grabbed Chey by the arm. "Come on! You're helping me find them."

"You're little doctor friend?" Chey grunted as he was forced to follow her. "He's gonna end up dead soon."

"And I'll kill you sooner." She warned. "If you want to stay alive then do what I say!"

"You're only this brave because of the hold. Without it you would be nothing."

        She gritted her teeth. In a way, he was right. Without the hold, she wouldn't have been dragging an Elitist around forcing him to help her. She was scared. So many factors scared her but she was doing her best to keep her fear away. There was no time to be petty arguing with him when those she cared about could be in danger.

"Where does this hall lead to?" She stopped to question him and pointed toward a long hall with a set of doors at the end.

"A staircase leading to the main floor." Chey grumbled, his eye staring daggers into hers.

        She nodded and pushed him forward to take the lead. "Go. And keep watch."

        He hissed at her ordering him around but took the lead anyways. She stayed a distance behind him in case she had to duck into hiding if he saw another Elitist.

        All these threats she was making to him. Killing him if he tries anything and promising to let him go free once she was safe. He didn't believe them. She was going to kill him either way. Zankoku never released anyone from his holds. Why would she?

        As he went through a doorway leading to the main floor and climbed the stairs, he spotted several Elitists rushing toward the entrance and going outside to see the storm. He waved a hand behind him and quickly (Y/N) hid behind the doors.

        They can hear the store louder from here. Several Elitists watched from the entrance the blowing trees and lightning strike above in the dark cloudy sky. They'll need to prepare the asylum for the storm. With the growing winds, it can potentially knock down defenses which would be a problem with the inevitable arrival of the Zones.

"Chey!" A voice called and he turned to see Indi approaching. She had a grimace on her face as she saw the storm from through the front windows, knowing that this only brought more problems. "Did you find anything? Any sign of the doctor?"