14

Clara bolted as soon as her professor dismissed them. It had been two weeks after their impromptu drinking session. Her and Roman had exchanged messages here and there, yet they hadn't had the chance to meet up, each busy with their own backlogs.

She never expected to instantly click with a guy, but she did with Roman. They easily got along, having similar outlooks. He understood her and vice versa, despite them only knowing each other for two weeks. Simply put, they were on the same wavelength.

Clara wasn't going to deny that she had missed his presence, seeing his sincere smile, hearing his laughter, and the intensity of his eyes when he paid attention to her. She knew he was listening, genuinely interested in what she had to say.

The attraction was there from the start, and the connection had solidified later on, when they'd clinked their glasses as the conversation flowed.

It was a rare feeling, and she didn't want to let go of it. Ayaw niyang magkaroon ng regrets later on. Kaya pagkadating niya, may itatanong siya kay Roman.

Clara waited outside of campus, too giddy to sit on a chair. After a minute, a car matching the description Roman had given her pulled up, and a huge smile spread across her face as she spotted Roman behind the wheel, sporting a casual attire. Mukhang kakaligo lang din dahil basa pa ang buhok. Nagmadali ba siya papunta rito?

"Hey, Josie. Get in." He casually greeted. His one hand held the steering wheel while the other rested on the gear. She subtly bit her lower lip. What was it with men and this kind of driving position?

She got in, clicked her seatbelt into place, and immediately turned to face him. "So, about the bomb you dropped."

"You dropped one, too," he reminded her with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes and drank from her aqua flask.

"Anong halo naman 'yan?" He teased.

"Gago. It's water." They both laughed, remembering the incident from two weeks ago, the one that got them acquainted in the first place.

They fell into comfortable silence until Roman broke it.

"About what I said, I'm serious. I'm interested in you, Clara."

Clara bit her lower lip. "I feel the same. Actually, there's something I want to ask you." He sent her a quick nod, silently telling her to continue on. He was paying attention to the road, but he was still listening to her.

"Do you want to try? Dating?"

There was no harm in trying, after all.

Roman calmly hit the brakes as the stoplight turned red. He then reached for her hand and softly squeezed it. Warmth spread from her hand and reached her entire being. There was something so comforting about his touch.

Bringing their hands to his mouth, he pressed a chaste kiss to the back of her hand. His eyes twinkled with delight. "Yes, Clara. I would very much love to explore these feelings with you. Thank you for asking. Thank you for giving us a chance."