Special Chapter: Cupid's Day

Roman dreamt of his girlfriend. In his dream, they were in a park filled with Sakura trees, conversing about whatever whilst people-watching. They were both older versions of themselves—Clara had dyed her red brown and her luscious locks now reached the middle of her back.

Dream Roman had lifted their clasped fingers to his lips, where he placed a delicate kiss on her ring finger adorned with a gorgeous diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?" He grinned.

Clara laughed, lightly tapping his cheek. "Ang tagal ko nang sinagot 'yong tanong na 'yan, ah."

He stretched his arms out to gather her into his arms.

The real Roman had stretched his arm out and came in contact with cool, smooth sheets. His dream dissolved, but what happened in the dream remained etched in his mind.

Roman slowly opened his eyes. He had expected Clara to be still beside him, but she wasn't and he immediately missed her warmth. The time on his phone read 5:31am. He woke up before his alarm rang. Bumangon na siya so he could freshen up and start preparing to leave.

They were going to Batangas for their Valentine's day celebration. Weekend getaway na rin nila.

Exiting the bathroom, Roman found her in the kitchen, dressed in nothing but his black shirt that reached a few inches just above her knees, leaving little to imagination. His throat was suddenly and evidently dry, and it had nothing to do with him just waking up.

Clara's back was to him as she chopped up some onions and tomatoes. Walking over to her, he slowly slipped his arms around her waist and pressed a kiss to her temple.

"Ang aga mo naman bumangon." Sambit niya. Bihira siyang maunahan ni Clara sa paggising. His girlfriend was not a morning person.

Clara puts down the knife as she leaned back into him. "I set an alarm. Himala nga na I didn't press snooze, eh." She laughed. "Morning, Xav. Happy Valentine's Day."

"Morning. Happy Valentine's Day, Josie." Cupping her chin, Roman kissed her lips, slowly at first, until Clara had captured his bottom lip between her teeth and glided her tongue alongside it before releasing him with a soft tug.

Fuck.

Roman's resolve grew thinner and thinner by the second.

Grasping her waist and turning her around so she was facing him, he claimed her lips once more, seeking entrance. He groaned when she opened up for him, pressing her body against his in the process.

Clara's wrists settled on top of his shoulders, but she wasn't holding onto him. Like usual. Like he wanted her to do.

"Why aren't you touching me?" Roman asked, out of breath, curious and practically desperate.

Suddenly, she giggled. "Xav, I was cutting onions. I don't want to get the smell on you."

Okay lang. Ila-laundry ko naman 'yong damit ko. Maliligo pa naman ako.

"Right." He said instead and took a step back, but not before giving her one last kiss. He just couldn't get enough of her. Her taste. Her laugh. Her smile. Her caring nature. Lahat na.