[ 005 ] kids into soldiers

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

      DAVINA woke up with Will in her face. If she didn't think too much, she might have thought she had just woken up from a dream in the past and nothing had happened. But that was not the case– because the room lined with bunk beds and dim light filled with bustling teenagers was not her room back in Erudite, and she was not sixteen anymore and Will was not her friend.

"Get away," she hissed as she sat up, the top of her head scraping the top bunk as she did so.

"You look like shit," Will mused as she got up. She was sure she did, her layered blonde hair sticking all over the place, her eyes crusty and lips chapped. But still, she tilted her head to look at him with the most venomous glare she could muster this early in the morning.

All around them, the rest of the transfers were preparing for the day, bunk beds creaking and people chattering amongst themselves. Davina was on a bottom bunk, the top occupied by the one Abnegation boy, who had already disappeared to the bathroom as she rummaged under her bed for the clothes they had been given the night before. She would have to remember to get some of her own, more flattering choice as soon as possible.

"Thank you, William," Davina deadpanned, watching his jaw clench at the use of his first name. "Is that what you said to my sister before you broke up with her?" Davina added, smiling sweetly.

She watched for his reaction, her smile twisting as Will pressed his lips together, eyes flashing at the bold comment. But after a moment, he seemed to decide against saying anything else and headed off to get dressed himself.

"Drama," someone said in a singsong voice. Davina scowled at Peter as he passed her, while he only grinned over his shoulder, his posse following him out.

She rolled her eyes as she turned away, a streak of blue still showing from under her pillow. She stared longingly at the ribbon, her insides tightening and her mouth turning dry. She stuffed it further under and finished getting dressed, pulling on her shoes.

"Was he bothering you?" Edward asked, standing over her with Myra in his wings.

Davina only blinked at him, unsure which he her friend meant. "No, it's fine," she said dismissively, getting to her feet. Myra looked confused by the interaction, but she had missed the Will fiasco before she had started dating Edward and became a part of their circle.

The blonde girl looked around her, at the dark-clad teenagers rushing around to get ready for their first day in an unfamiliar faction, some looking more nervous than others. Davina glanced back at Edward, who gave her a smile so familiar and etched into her childhood memories, she couldn't help but feel better.

"After you," Edward said, gesturing in front where the arrangement of bunk beds really only allowed for single file.

Davina led the way out of the dorms, but she found it stayed that way. She was constantly glancing over her shoulder to make sure the pair was still with her, unable to come between their constantly entwined hands and whispered conversations. She could only roll her eyes and turn away, following the general direction of the crowd and head for the dining area.