The beginning of the end

"𝐈𝐋𝐘𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃'𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆" she skipped down the stairs in her orange bathrobe she couldn't recall where she got the robe it kept her warm that's all that mattered she looked good in every color except yellow she didn't like...

"𝐈𝐋𝐘𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃'𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆" she skipped down the stairs in her orange bathrobe she couldn't recall where she got the robe it kept her warm that's all that mattered she looked good in every color except yellow she didn't like how jolly the color was, Ivanov's usually stuck to black and red other colors threw them off so Ilya never stuck to other colors.

Ilya entered the kitchen in a great mood you could sense it and if you couldn't you could catch the glow on her round face and the way she almost floated around the kitchen as she got her cup of coffee and began smearing butter on her toast Ilya began thinking sure her mother died about a month ago sure she had her suspicions on if she's dead sure she just murdered a student two nights ago but today was different she would finally get her official debut into politics.

Her father pulled tiny strings here and there for his only daughter and made her debut three years early she was an Ivanov after all things were different with Ivanov's rules never applied to them.

They always found loopholes or made loopholes to get things going for them but Ilya was no fool she knew this interview was going to be personal questions mostly about her mother and her scandalous ways that the misogynistic and sexist post cold-war Russia that criticized every damn thing a woman did Ilya knew what to expect ever since she was a little girl the press had questions about her mother some journalists even went as far as to pull Ilya out of class and pry out gossip from her some bribed her friends with candy and as they all grew they bribed her quote on quote "friends" with money and sloppy five seconds of fame that they desperately tried clinging onto.

Ilya scoffed as she bit into her toast walking towards the door and onto the porch she placed her coffee down almost dropping her toast as the man sitting across from her in a black velvet bathrobe spoke without looking up from his book "Ilya." He greeted as Ilya grabbed her toast and greeted him back "morning" Ilya mumbled unable to keep the annoyance out of her tone her big eyes glancing up and down at the Machiavelli hell of a man Ilya's eyes twinkling slightly as she looked at Henry actually noticing his features his dark hair coarse pale skin his square jaw and his eyes that seemed so unfeeling and without even realizing it Ilya was leaning over the counter analyzing everything about Henry biting down on her lower plump lip humming to herself biting back a chuckle at the thought of finding the snobbish elitist and classist Nouveau riche insufferable man kind of ... hot?. In a miserable pathetic way as Ilya smirked to herself shaking her head clearing out her thoughts

The young Ivanov thought that was it from Henry just a mere greeting as she began taking out her own book from her bathrobe pocket he spoke up again "do you play?" Ilya's hand froze as she looked over at him hair brushed and tamed raised eyebrows as he awaited for her response Ilya looked away from him and down at the cards next to his lean and long fingers Ilya nodded at the older boy across from her.

"We could play bezique, or euchre if you'd rather" as he began mixing up the cards Ilya took a sip from her sweet coffee "bezique." Was all Ilya said as she watched him mix the black cards up some more Henry began again " poker is a rather vulgar game and no fun at all with two- but still, there's a certain random element in it which appeals to me" he finished as he laid the cards down Ilya nodded agreeing with what he said and for the first time Ilya smiled at him cocking her head to the side dimples appearing out of nowhere as she grinned "it won't appeal as much after I'm done with you".