chapter 1

Poppy’s pov
It’s another day in trolldom. Another day of school with…. Barb the heir of the hard rock trolls. Barb has always bullied me and being the dominant queen hard rock troll, she is stronger than all of us trolls. She was already strong to begin with but now that she was discovered a dominant troll that too a queen troll. She is unbeatable. I don’t know what I had done to her but she always make each day so miserable. I am a submissive pop troll, a princess one to be exact but I am no position to refuse her. She is as loyal to her subjects as they are to her but when she is violent it’s traumatizing. I was walking to school. When I heard a familiar voice, a voice that I always fear. I turned around.

Barb: hey pipsqueak! *Smirks*

She was on her motorbike. I however turned around and ran to school only to realise, I made a huge mistake. I went to my locker and put all my stuff in there. I closed my locker and then Barb came and pulled my hair. She had a sinister smirk and pure seething in her eyes. Everyone senses her aura and well, moves away leaving me alone with Barb. Oh no.

Barb: you have some guts ignoring me huh ?

Poppy: yeah I do. (What am I saying?!) What are you gonna do about it huh. Wannabe rocker(can someone shut my mouth I am gonna die (T-T))

Barb: oh you really love testing me huh? I guess I was way too soft on what you did to Debbie. Do I really to punish you pipsqueak ?!

Poppy: ugh, really that’s very old rocker wannabe.

(Oh my god, shut up mouth!)

Barb was furious, she pulled my hair and punched me in the gut. It hurts more than spicy food burning my tongue. She warned me not give her that attitude or she might do something that will affect me. Also, let’s forget that we are in the same class. We are also desk mates.

The teacher came and started explaining about how we receive our soulmates when we come of age. Their name along with their signature will appear on a specific body part. It can be anybody part. Depending on the size of the mark shows who is in control. If the soulmates mark is bigger on your body it means your soulmate is the one in charge. The part where the soulmates mark will appear will be the same for both companions.  The soulmates mark will appear at the same time. If the soulmate have different ages. It will appear when both the soulmates are of age. For the time being the music they belong to will appear on the area where the mark is suppose to be. I have never been so excited to get my mark hopefully they can protect me from barb.
Barb: *whispers* hey pipsqueak, I have a soulmate from your tribe. I wonder if having go through a few events will teach you something.

I ignored her because this was very important to me. I needed to know as much as I could since I am turning 18 in 2 days.
Barb put her hand around my waist and squeezed it with a lot of force. I grabbed her hand and begged her to remove her hand but she only loosened her grip. Though it did relief me a little, I was still frightened. The teacher told us to copy it down.

Barb : *Whispers* hey popsqueak, ignore me one more time and face the consequences. When I call you, you respond to me understand ?

Poppy: *Whispers back* yes.

The teacher the told us that if the soulmate mark is very dark, it shows how dangerous your soulmate is when they are angry. If the outline is the only bright thing and the rest is very dark it means You need to be careful around them in order to stay safe until you properly know them. Just that thought makes me shiver. Now we have to do a project in pairs and with our desk mate.
I am stuck with Barb great. The bell rang and I went straight out of the classroom. I have no intentions of staying next to barb and longer.

Barb: hey pipsqueak!

I stopped and turned around.

Barb : it's nice to see you being a good girl *pulls poppy's hair* should I beat you here and humiliate you because of what you did to Debbie.

Poppy: n-no

I kept my eyes on the ground while saying this. Barb slapped me.

Barb: look at me when I am talking to you!

Poppy: no please don't I am very sorry for what happened to Debbie.

Barb: good girl. I'll off the hook this time but don't expect this everytime. Besides you are coming to my house tomorrow. The project submission is in 3 days. From tomorrow to the project submission you will stay at my place. Understood ?!

Poppy: yes barb.

Barb: that we will also discuss tomorrow.

With that she walked off.
I was just as confused as to what was about to happen to me tomorrow.