Chapter 12

Nicole's POV

Brandon lets go of my hand, and opens the door to his apartment. He walks in and I follow behind him. My jaw almost drops open at how big and nice his apartment is.

"I'm really jealous of your place," I say.

Brandon chuckles. He takes off his shoes by the door. He puts his keys and wallet on a table. He takes off his coat and tie, and sets it on a chair. He then rolls up the sleeves of his shirt and unbuttons the top buttons. His chest hair now visible.

"You can take those off," he says, pointing to my heels.

I take my heels off, and place them near the door. I set my purse down on the table where Brandon put his wallet.

"Let's go make some hot chocolate," he says, and I follow him to the kitchen.

"Do you do anything special with your hot chocolate?," I ask. "Cause you said you'd teach me your recipes."

"Well when it's around Christmas time, I'll put whipped cream on top and broken up pieces of candy canes," he says.

"That sounds good."

"Ya but I don't have any candy canes, and I'm not sure about the whipped cream either."

"That's fine. If you have marshmallows, that's good enough," I tell him.

"I have mini and big marshmallows. Which do you want?," he asks, holding the two bags.

"Mini."

Brandon begins making the hot chocolates. I prop myself up onto the kitchen counter, and watch him make the drinks. He looks cute putting the little marshmallows in the mugs with his big hands.

"Here you go," Brandon says, handing me my drink.

"Thanks," I say, getting off the counter and taking the mug.

"Did you want anything to eat with it? Cookies or muffins," he offers.

Brandon gets out a box of cookies and a tray of muffins.

"Bran muffins?," I question.

"Ya that's the only ones I have, sorry."

"I'll just take a cookie," I say and take one.

"Don't like bran muffins?," he asks and puts the box and tray away, grabbing a muffin.

"No, you're the only Bran muffin I like," I joke.

He laughs. "Oh clever."

"Ya, you can be my little Bran muffin," I say.

"I like that. I like you calling me 'Bran'."

"Well then I'll say it more often," I say and kiss his cheek.

"Let's go sit on the couch," he says.

I follow him to another room. There's a big screen tv, a big leather couch, a love seat, and a recliner. There's also a pool table, fooseball table, and air hockey table. I place my mug on a coaster on the coffee table, and take a seat next to Brandon on the couch.

"So how long have you been living here?," I ask, looking around his apartment.

"A few months now. Alyssa was living here with me, but clearly not anymore."

"How were you able to move on so quickly?," I ask and take a sip of my drink.

"I just wasn't feeling it anymore for a while before I ended things. Plus it's easy to move on when you're such a great person," he says.