Foreword

Hello! And welcome to "Ant Colony," my first-ever original IP ("Intellectual Property") published here on Wattpad! The idea for this anthology was first conceived while I was writing Infinite DC. For those of you who have read the stories from that series, you'll know how much I am fascinated with the concept of the multiverse. Different worlds with unique prospects reflected upon the ideas of mankind. But, whereas that series deals with stories that have already been told (brought together through crossovers), the stories in "Ant Colony" are entirely original with new characters that I imagined up myself and stories that came to me in a dream or just a random thought I had while doing some random task. There are no crossovers in this series - all the stories are separate with the exceptions of sequels or follow-ups.

As far as the title, "Ant Colony," it does NOT relate to ants in any way, but rather the general concept of an ant colony, which by definition is a population of workers, reproductive individuals, and brood that live together, cooperate, and treat one another non-aggressively. Of course, some of the stories will feature serious aggression among individuals.

Also, if you say it fast enough, "Ant Colony" sounds like "anthology." :-)

My biggest inspirations for this idea are The Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories, and Black Mirror.

Thank you all in advance for checking out the stories in this collection. I'm sure quite a few will make you think or may even inspire you. If they have, then I've certainly done my job.

~Sean Livingston ("LivingStoneWriter")