♪ VENTI ♪

a/n: sorry for the inactivity

a/n: sorry for the inactivity. also venti is my favorite archon, i love him so much. nahida be fighting for that spot tho, but i will always love venti. i hope i don't show too much favoritism...

anyway, enjoy~!

Days have passed since you became a mother and you're starting to get used to it.

Aether's joyous energy is contagious and constant. He smiles often and likes to be around you 24/7. He's quite antsy and pretty curious, which leads to recklessness, which you learned when he almost set your apartment on fire. He wastes 99% of his energy during the day and passes out at sunset, so no bedtime troubles there.

He's a little bundle of joy.

Lumine has a more peacefully happy energy. She likes to be beside her brother and enjoys your presence. She's quieter though and never really does anything too crazy. Not unless her brother is with her, of course. She likes to draw and asks questions, rather than figure it out herself. She gives off big sister vibes, especially when she drags Aether to his bed when he's asleep.

She's lawfully neutral.

And Paimon is... well, Paimon.

You smiled as you rethought your life. Guess it wasn't that bad anymore. But you wouldn't push it to say it was perfect. The moment you relax is the moment things go to ruin.

You were washing the dishes right now. You guys had pancakes this morning, much to Lumine's happiness, and Aether used a LOT of syrup. The whole plate was coated in it. You let out a sigh as you continued to power-rub the plate clean.

As you scrubbed, a pleasing sound made it's way to your ears. You blinked as your attention was brought to it. 

Was that... music? 

It was light and calming, almost as if it was made to put you at peace. You unconsciously started to relax your shoulders at the melody. It almost sounded like it came from a harp.

"Ehe~ Cleaning is always better with music~"

Yeah, it i-- wait, who just-

You paused what you were doing and turned towards the slightly familiar voice. Your eyes widened as you looked at the small figure behind you. 

A small boy with bright greenish-blue eyes and black hair with turquoise tips. The tips and strands of his hands were braided and he had a wide smile on his face. 

You knew you heard that 'ehe~' before.

"V-VENTI??!!"

The said boy grinned at you.

"Hi, Mommy~!"

"Oh, is Venti playing another song?! I wanna hear it!" A cheerful Aether exclaimed, happiness thick in his voice. He came running into the kitchen and sat in front off Venti, who gave him a smile in return.

Your widened eyes grew even wider. 

AETHER KNEW ABOUT THIS??

"A song? Can I listen, too?" Lumine asked, following her brother into the kitchen with a grin.

LUMINE TOO??

"Eh? Tone-deaf Brat has a song?" Paimon asked, floating towards the group of kids. 

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? PAIMON KNEW TOO?! SHE EVEN USED THE NICKNAME!!

Your head was spinning. THE Venti. THE Barbatos was in your house, addressing you as his guardian?? Since when!? He hasn't been here at all! How does Lumine, Aether, and Paimon know him?! Do they remember him?

Your head was pounding as you tried to contemplate what the hell was going on! 

"NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE!!" You yelled before falling to the ground.

...

...

...

...

"Mommy sure is clumsy."

"That's where Aether gets it from."

"Hey!"

A small poke pressed against your cheek. Your eyes slowly opened as you felt another poke.

Deja vu.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Your eyes made contact with the newest addition to your little gang, Venti. You blinked as you began to sit up with a sigh. He began to shift onto your lap and started to play with your fingers. 

"Yes, Venti, I'm okay..." You stated. "But, how did you get here?" The question was the absolute first and most important. You knew for a fact that you did not have Venti here when Lumine and Aether showed up. There's no possible way they can just be conjured up from some magic portal, it makes no sense.

Venti tilted his head with a smile.

"I live here, ehe~!" You let out a small sigh.

You literally just appeared today...

So many unanswered questions lingered in your mind.

Are random genshin characters going to pop up randomly in your house? Are they going to appear outside of your house?? How do you know when they are going to appear? Who's next? Do you have enough food for them, not to mention space?

This situation made no sense whatsoever.

"Mommy? Is your head hurting?" You looked at Venti, who had a slightly concerned expression. "I don't want you to be hurting. Oh, I know! Wait here!" Venti exclaimed, jumping off of your bed and running off.

"Oh, wait, Vent- and he's gone." You sighed again as you waited patiently for Venti to come back.

After a couple of minutes, Venti came running back into your room and climbed up onto your bed with a big grin on his face. He showed you an instrument that was identical to the holy lyre. He got comfortable on your lap and began to play his lyre.

The melody was peaceful and perfectly played. The music was lovely and was identical to the exploration music in Mondstadt. Venti looked at least 4 or 5 right now, but it's almost as if he had been practicing with the instrument for 20 years.

The piece was joy for your ears and you could yourself physically and mentally relax just by the mere sound of it. Each note was perfect and amazingly tuned. 

Venti is a musical genius.

"Ehe~ Did that help?" He asked, a bright smile forming on his face. You smiled at the anemo god clinging to your shirt.

"Yeah. It really did."

Venti's eyes visibly lit up and he gave you a big grin of thrill and happiness.

"Ehe~"

"Huh? Where is all the grape juic-... Venti."

"Ehe~"

"Tone-deaf Brat!!"