✾ ZHONGLI, EI, AND NAHIDA ✾

a/n: haven't updated this book since forever -_-

CRASH

You jolted up from your bed, Paimon shrieking next to you as a loud sound echoed through your ears. Your eyes were widened as you were rushed into alertness. You glanced towards your phone, telling you that it was around 4 A.M.

What the- who the hell is making all that noise at-

BOOM

SKKRT

THUMP

You immediately got out of bed, following those sounds.

"E-Eh?! Y/N, wait for Paimon!" You heard Paimon shriek as she hurried floated after you as you ran down the halls. It sounded like it was coming from the living room.

But I put all the kids to sleep, who could be making that noise?!

The moment you turned to the walk into the living room, you were struck with immense pressure. The hair on your body stood on edge as it seemed to frizz. You felt the ground shake and the plants growth around you seemed to overgrow. A blast of heavy wind smacked your face, making you twitch in confusion.

WHAT THE HELL?!

"AHHH!!" Paimon screamed as she tried to keep herself from being overwhelmed by the clash of outside elements.

"Huh? Oh, Mother!" You heard an unfamiliar voice speak to you. You looked up to see three figures hurry over to you, the uncontrollable elements suddenly stopping in an instant.

"Wha-?" You slowly opened your eyes to see three- no, four kids looking at you. Four kids, four archons.

Venti, who had already been here, Zhongli, Ei, and Nahida, who was a literal baby in Venti's arms.

You were speechless.

"Wha... What were you guys doing in here?! It was like you were having a war over something!" Paimon shouted, still hiding behind you as you stared at them dumbfounded.

They just had a mini archon war?!

"Uhh..." Venti started, looking to the sky. Ei looked at her shoes, while Zhongli cleared his throat. "W-Well, you see, it'd be much easier to explain if the sibling with that is closest to the sky would tell."

Is he referring to height?

Ei, Venti, and even Nahida looked to Zhongli, who looked right back at Venti, standing in silence. For being about 6, compared to all the other 4 year olds, yeah, Zhongli was tallest out of this group.

"I think Venti is the one closest to the sky. Since he is the one who is more linked with the wind." Venti deadpanned.

"Yes, but being the shortest, makes me unqualified for this explanation, ehe~! I believe you can explain it much more smoothly than I can~!" Venti replied.

"I di-"

"We wanted a snack and there was only one cookie left." Ei interrupted.

"Yeah."

"Basically, that."

"... ARE YOU KIDDING PAIMON?!"

You deadpanned as you watched Paimon scold all the archon kids while making them clean up the living room and kitchen, which they technically demolished in their scuffle.

You felt like you should be disciplining them, but you had slightly bigger problems.

And when I say "slightly," I mean WAY bigger problems.

For one, there are now three more children to be added into your little Genshin family. You already has Aether, Lumine, and Venti. If you add Paimon, who acts like a kid herself sometimes, that makes seven people. And then there's you which is eight.

Eight people? In a one person apartment?!

The second problem happens to be one of those eight people, who is cooing in your arms right now. In your (s/c) toned arms, you were holding Nahida, who had been turned into a baby. 

A baby.

Babies are ten times more difficult than dealing with a child. They were hard to take care of because they always needed extra attention. And that's just a regular baby. This baby is a literal GOD with POWERS.

Why couldn't she have come as branch like how she was in the game?!

You sighed as your mind wandered over to your third problem. Powers. Were they all going to have those?! Aether and Lumine hadn't shown signs of their powers (thank the archons), but Venti, Zhongli, Ei, and Nahida just showed a graphic display of theirs.

How the heck am I going to take care of all of this at once?

"Uh... Mother?" You blinked out of your trace as you looked down to Zhongli, who was staring up at you with a slightly concerned look. You smiled a little, having gotten used to being called "Mommy" or "Mother."

"Yes, Zhongli?" You asked, kneeling down to him, careful to make sure Nahida was secure in your arms.

"I'm sorry for the trouble we caused you." He apologized in a low tone, that sounded a little ashamed. "We didn't mean to make you not smile." 

You blinked as you internally cursed at yourself. Zhongli's observant self must've noticed you frowning as you thought about the current situation. He probably thought you were mad about the living room.

Well, I kinda am. I'm definitely going to pay extra for this damag-

"It's okay, Zhongli, you're just kids. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. And besides," You said, ruffling his hair. "I'm just glad you're all alright."

Zhongli giggled lightly, producing a large amount of serotonin you didn't know you needed. His eyes glistened as he looked back up at you.

"Does that mean you forgiven us, too?" Venti asked, a joyous expression on his face as he butted in the conversation. Ei looked up too, hopefulness in her amethyst eyes.

You deadpanned before laughing.

"Of course!" Nahida giggled in your arms as she played with your shirt. She seemed happy that the mood was lightened, making your gently press on her stomach. She burst into giggles as Venti and Ei hopped over, looking for affection.

You smiled at them all. 

It'll all be worth it to see them smile.

"Heyyy!!" You heard Paimon shout, earning looks. "Y/N, as your guardian angel, Paimon cannot stand for this coodling behavior! You little slimes are guilty, especially you Tone-deaf Brat!"

"Ehe~"

"Now move it and get this clean before Paimon makes Y/N take away cookies forever!"

"NOOOOO!!!"

"Sorry, Ms. Paimon..."

Is Paimon the strict parent now??