An impossible test

Raiden sat cross legged, floating in the air as he meditated on the past. A year now since he'd left Mandalor. A year since he'd seen her. He used to think of her constantly but as time went on she was in his mind less, but he still missed her. Not that he knew her for very long. He thought to his arm, the Lightsaber in side and the blaster strapped to his leg. Then he was drawn from his meditation.

"Beep-Boop"

"Hey Saruman." Raiden said to the droid that disrupted him.

Raiden floated down slowly to his feet before checking himself. He fixed his dark blue, almost black robes, flexed his metal arm and felt the Shoto Saber inside, brushed a hand against his blaster then checked his belt. The familiar weight of his Crossguard Saber was present, strapped horizontally on the back of his belt, difficult to reach by design as Raiden never wished to wield it again but should always remember its lessons.

Then he reached his Lightsaber, a Saberstaff. Raiden had trained much with a staff on Dathomir and had become used to wielding a larger weapon, and he preferred to have the ability to wield it as a normal Lightsaber. He inspected the hilt. Smooth dark grey polycarbonate, underlined with white material and ringed with golden phrik. Deep inside the Saber was a Kyber Crystal found inside the caves if Illum.

"BEEP-BOOP!!!" The bipedal droid shouted obscenities in binary, urging his master to hurry.

"Where the force did you hear words like that?" Raiden asked the mischievous droid

"Beep-Bop-Boop-Beep" the droid answered his master

"Your old master? Well Master Dooku certainly didn't say anything like that, neither would Master Greyhame, you better not be lying to me Saruman." Raiden said to the BD unit droid that once belonged to Master Dooku, before he gifted it to his good friend Master Greyhame

"Boop-Bop!" The droid sassed back

"Or I'll scrap you for parts BD-15!!!" With a hand gesture Raiden lifted the small droid into the air.

"BEEP-BOOP-BEEP!!!" The little droid roared at Raiden with all the menace and terror as an Ewok.

"Fine I'll put you down, we have no time to be playing around we must get to my test." Raiden said letting the poor droid down and taking off towards the training area.

As Raiden made his way to the training room he thought about his droid companion. The BD-15 unit was built for exploring the outer reaches of the galaxy and all the harsh terrain that's found in the wide universe. This droid, Saruman as he was called by his previous master, was no different. He once belonged to Master Dooku when he became a Jedi Knight but as Dooku began going on fewer and fewer missions over the years he gifted the droid to his good friend Master Greyhame.

With Master Greyhame, Saruman went in many adventures across the galaxy and it was Master Greyhame that gave the droid his name. Saruman was a modified BD unit primarily focused on engineering. If you needed something fixed quickly BD-15 was on it. He was small which offered advantages and disadvantages. He could fit into small spaces and also ride on Raidens shoulder but couldn't do large engineering jobs.

"Come on Saruman, we're nearly there."

—————————————————————————

It had been two years since Raiden escaped Dothomir, however he hadn't left unscathed. He had spent these last two years in the Jedi Temple healing both mentally and physically. He had also been training. From Master Kit Fisto he learnt Form I. Many Jedi say the form is too basic, lacking both offensive and defensive capabilities. Fisto says it is them that lack offensive and defensive capabilities.