9. Flowers dance.

The gentle whoosh of the wind chimed through the branches of the trees, causing the leaves to dance in a graceful rhythm. It was as if the wind itself carried a secret melody, shared only with those who took the time to listen. 

The vibrant colors of the foliage, though fading, still held a certain allure as they rustled lively despite their numbered days.

Stepping outside, Nasseem's gaze swept across the peaceful landscape, searching for any sign of Zahra. The house felt strangely empty, and he noticed her phone resting next to his on the coffee table. A sense of curiosity tinged with concern washed over him.

Suddenly, a thought flickered in his mind, reminding him of their earlier conversation. They had talked about spending lunchtime together at the nearby pond, knowing that there would be no workers on the farm on Sunday afternoons.

Without hesitation, he laced up his boots and made his way through the calm farm. The air was crisp, and the sound of birds chirping added to the tranquility of the scene. As he approached the water's edge, his eyes scanned the area.

Nasseem's heart skipped a beat at the sight of her.

There she was, standing by the pond, her silhouette framed against the shimmering water. Zahra's figure was illuminated by the soft rays of the afternoon sun, creating a captivating view. Her hair gently flowed in the breeze, and her eyes sparkled with serenity and excitement.

Her right side was exposed. A silky cloth extended over her chest and backside as it was loosely draped over her left arm which she dipped in, ripples forming and spreading all around her. It seemed that Zahra had lost to the temptation of a refreshing, glimmering pond just as he'd done many times before.

Nasseem's temperature heightened as he gazed at the alluring sight before him. He was invading her privacy. Yet, he was unable to look away. He'd promised to respect her boundaries. But, she was his wife and he should be allowed to admire her beauty.

However, he wasn't one to hide or cower in the shadows.

So, he called her name.

Zahra turned towards him. A smile tugged at her lips, and the seams sealing his heart shut came undone. There was a sparkle of joy and anticipation in her gaze as if she had been waiting for him. 

"Join me?"

His self-restraint was shattered when she gazed into his sky-blues with her enchanting orbs—hazel eyes that swirled with earthy colors, framed by the swaying grass in the meadows and sprinkled with golden specks of warm sunlight.

Her eyes belonged here.

His feet carried him in a daze with one thought flashing through his mind: she belonged here.

After discarding his shirt and joggers, Nasseem joined her in the cool, burbling water. A shudder shot down his spine that was replaced by a warmth that filled him at the sound of her laughter.

"It's cold at first but then it feels amazing."

He chuckled, sneakily splashing her. The unexpected attack elicited a surprised gasp from Zahra before she splashed him back. The pond seemed to reflect their shared excitement, its surface mirroring the emotions that danced between them.

They went on for a couple of minutes until their closeness registered in their fuzzy heads. Their movements stilled, their ribs heaving with rapid breaths. Nasseem fought hard not to let his eyes flicker to her chest which was almost visible under the drenched cloth.

Zahra, however, took another step forward, cupped his face, and guided her mouth to his for a lingering gentle kiss. Their bodies pressed against each other, their hearts racing with desire and uncertainty.