Chapter 1

Thalia did not expect it when Annabeth entered the cafe with tears streaming down her cheeks and hands trembling. She didn't expect it when the blonde ran into her arms and choked out, "he broke up with me".

"What?!" she shouted. Annabeth was still shaking and her body racked with sobs, yet she managed to whisper, "he broke up with me for Rachel."

Just like that their fun little reunion they had had planned for a while was morphed into something much more complicated.

"Anna–" Thalia guided her to sit in a booth. "Tell me what happened." Just then a familiar curly head of a satyr named Grover entered the room, face fallen when he spotted his best friend crying.

"W-what happened?" He asked, sitting on the other side of the booth.

Annabeth released a shaky breath, her tears not yet subsiding. "He", she swallowed hard, "he broke up with me, just now." She took another shaky breath. "He said...H-he said he didn't love me." She broke down in tears as Thalia and Grover looked at eachother with expressions only friends of years could recognize. At least, that's what she thought. Grover's face read, 'what the fuck' and 'is she for real?'. What Thalia hoped hers read was, 'I'm gonna kill this motherfucker because he is an idiot and this is the last straw'. But it probably came out as 'I have no idea'.

"He mentioned loving Rachel and muttered some kind of apology and just left." She was sobbing so much that Thalia didn't know if she could breathe, but she stuck to her anger tactics instead, for it was truly what she felt.

"He's an asshole, I knew it, I never should have let you get close to him and I'm so going to break his nose when I see him–"

"Thals," Grover had interrupted her, motioning towards Annabeth. "Not right now." Reluctantly, Thalia nodded.

"Annabeth, are you sure that's what happened? His fatal flaw is loyalty, he would never leave you, he quite literally fell into Tartarus with you." Grover tried, he really tried to lace comfort with his words, but it only wounded Annabeth further.

Annabeth closed her eyes, looking in even more pain than Thalia had seen her in such a long time. "I hate him. I hate how stupid I was letting my guard down like that. I never should have believed him, not even when he promised he loved me." She broke down into another fit of tears as Thalia gently rubbed her back in what she hoped was a soothing manner.

Grover scrubbed a hand over his face, this 'hangout' clearly not going the way it was supposed to. And guess who Thalia was going to take it out on as soon as this was over: Percy Jackson's nose.

"Beth, he loves you. I know it, I feel it in the empathy link. He's probably..." it was clear Grover didn't know what excuse he could give for Percy. "He's probably not thinking straight. That has to be it. His love for you is so obvious anyone could freaking see it."

Even though his words said otherwise, his eyes worried that things would never be the same between the couple he had so fondly put his trust in.

"No. No he doesn't. Not anymore," Annabeth added. Thalia would get a better explanation later, she knew that. Once Annabeth was less... disastrous. Later, she would come to find that Annabeth's words were true, and they were true for about 2 years, evident when Percy and Rachel started announcing their relationship and Percy and Annabeth hadn't spoken again for so long it was like they never even knew each other.

Thalia was mad at herself. So mad, because she didn't know why it was hurting her. This was in between Percy and Annabeth, mainly one-sided between Annabeth now. But whatever Annabeth was going through, so was Thalia. And she was ready to show the blonde demigod whom she had known for so long that she was never going to leave her like that stupid son of Poseidon did.