~Ch 7~ Secrets... Secrets..

After the events of that night, Luigi couldn't help but wonder why Mario was acting like that? Why would he scream in his sleep now? What were the nightmares about? Is this the first time this has happened? Is that why he hasn't been himself recently?

It had been a good few hours after the brothers re-woke up for the day. Now being 1PM, Luigi was still deep in thought. His mind wouldn't rest, nor would it let him rest. The green thunder sighed heavily, getting up from the comfort of their couch and making his way to his room.

"Where are you going, bro?" Mario asked as he watched his brother get up.

"Ah, just gonna visit Daisy." Luigi responded with a smile.

It was half a lie, half the truth.

"Oh, alright. Have fun, lil bro!"

Luigi nodded and walked into his room. He put on his favorite jacket, before silently making his way out of the house. He had to talk to somebody, he needed answers.

Luigi had a couple stops in mind, since he knew a few people he could talk to. His first destination was the castle, as Luigi figured the princess may know something.

"Name and reason for presence?" A Toad questioned the Green 'Stache as he approached the castle entrance.

"It's-a me, Luigi." Luigi answered with a soft smile, trying not to let the Toad's confused expression bother him. "I need to speak with the princess. It's about my brother."

"Right... who's your brother..?" The Toad questioned.

Luigi's smile faltered a bit, becoming a more annoyed expression. "Mario. I'm the brother of Mario Mario, hero of the Mushroom Kingdom. We've been over this. Several times." He muttered that last part.

"Uhhhhh- OH! You're that-!"

"Can I please speak to Princess Peach now?" Luigi cut him off, not wishing to hear what insulting thing the Toad had to say this time, since they always do that.

"Right, you may enter."

Luigi took no time in walking inside, immediately being greeted by Toadsworth.

"Oh! Master Luigi! What brings you here on this beautiful day, lad?" The old Toad welcomed, smiling at the hero in green.

"Afternoon, Toadsworth. Is the princess here by chance?" Luigi responded, taking his hat off and bowing as a form of respect. It was something he found himself always doing when speaking to Toadsworth, and neither of them knew why, but it always made the wise old shroom chuckle.

"Ah, the princess is out in the garden. Why, may I ask? Did something happen?"

"Yeah, it's about Mario."

"Oh, what ever could be wrong with Master Mario?"

"I'm not sure, but he hasn't been... himself, y'know? I keep getting woken up in the middle of the night only to hear his screams of terror. He's been having nightmares, and they aren't normal." Luigi sighed. "Mario has always had nightmares, of course, but they've never been this bad. I always hear my name come out as well, so that's how I know something is wrong. If Mario is kicking and screaming and crying in his sleep, yelling someone's name at the top of his lungs, then something is wrong."

Toadsworth thought for a moment.

"I see, and you believe the princess may know something of this?"

"Yes sir. She is the closest person to him."