~Ch 8~ Brotherly Rivalry

"Huh?" Mario asked in confusion. What was his little brother talking about, and why did he seem so... upset about it?

"You know what I mean. Don't play dumb, bro." Luigi responded sternly, putting the drinks on the dining room table.

"No I really don't I-"

"The nightmares, Mario! Why didn't you tell me about your nightmares?!" Luigi raised his voice.

"I-"

"Do you not trust me?! Am I just gonna get in your way like everyone else says?!"

"Weegee, calm down..!"

Tears were building in Luigi's eyes. "Y-you know you can tell me anything! I-I tell you stuff, but you just keep secrets from m-me!"

Now Mario was growing frustrated. "Hold on, don't act like you tell me everything either! I would have never known about your mild depression if Daisy didn't tell me..!"

"...T-That's different!"

"How so?! It's even more important than my nightmare considering I've had to save you from making p-permanent decisions because of it!"

"I don't wanna think about that! You're switching subjects again!"

"I am not!"

"Yes you are! You always do that!"

"No I don't!"

"Yes you do!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

It turned into a full blown back-and-forth between the words –and variations of the words– "no" and "yes" for at least 5 minutes.

"Okay! We're getting nowhere with this..." Luigi took a deep breath. "...Why didn't you tell me about the nightmares?"

Mario was still angry, but he spoke softly. "I didn't want to worry you! You're always concerned about me and my safety, mentality, etc etc, but you never worry about your own.."

"I don't need to worry about my own, it's not important." Luigi was on the brink of tears.

So was Mario. "Yes it is- *sigh* we're not having this conversation again, Weegee."

"But it's not, I told you it's not!"

"And I told you it is!"

"You see why I didn't wanna tell you about it?!"

"Oh- but now I'm wrong for not telling you about my nightmares!"

Things were getting heated again.. "That's different! Your nightmares are actually dangerous!"

"But trying to end your game forever 3 times over is not?"

"Will you stop bringing that up?!"

"How can I?! It's the only way you'll listen to me!"

"Fine! I just won't listen to you then!"

Mario's eyes widened. "Fratello, be serious."

"Lalalalalala! I can't hear you!" Luigi had his fingers in his ears to try and block out Mario's voice.

"Luigi..."

"Oh wow the walls here are a nice color!"

"Luigi."

"Hey, my shoes look like shoes!"

"Luigi!"

"I wonder if I can fit 20 whole mushrooms in my mouth at once?"

"LUIGI!" Mario pulled his hands away from his ears. "Listen to me, dammit!"

"Why should I?! You can't even tell me the smallest things!"

The brothers then started arguing in Italian, as they were doing that, there was a knock at the door.

"H-hey you guys? You're kind of loud.." Yoshi said as he entered the house, but he was unheard from the bros bickering.

"Guys?" Yoshi repeated as the brothers continued to argue.

"Maybe I don't trust you with my secrets! So what?!" Luigi yelled, now speaking English again.

"I can't believe you're trying to make me the bad guy here when you just said that!" Mario argued back, also in English.

'Bad timing, huh?' Yoshi thought in his head, watching the two argue.

"Well if you're so super, you can figure it out yourself!" Luigi exaggerated the word "super," using jazz hands.

SLAP!

And that's when everything went south.