48. Ephemeral.

~ HUMARI ADHURI KAHANI ~
Rang thhe, noor tha,
Jab kareeb tu tha,
Ek jannat sa tha, yeh jahaan.
Waqt ki ret pe kuch mere naam sa,
Likh ke chhod gaya tu kahaan.

The sun disappeared quickly behind the mountains. The night fell. Mothers hushed their children and shut all the doors and windows. The night was eerily calm. No resident of Indraprastha wanted to witness even the shadow of the unholy spirit.

That night, even the palace was quite. Not a hushed whisper was heard.

The unheard footsteps of Arjun and Krishna moved in his chamber. Krishna tilted his head towards the door, not voicing the silent question- Shall we?

Arjun nodded, looking back at the chamber once. He could see her twirling in the balcony, the tinkle of her anklets, her melodious laughter echoing in the four walls, her red painted feet, the blue of her eyes, the nose ring that sat untouched on the dressing table. All of it.

His eyes fell on the armour on the table.

"No armour, Indraprastharaj?" Draupadi said. Arjun glanced at her though the mirror. Her blue eyes twinkled with amusement and a naughty smile on her face.

He abandoned the work at his hand, leaving the war formations on the table as he walked to her. Standing behind her, his eyes fixed on the mirror. On their reflection.

Goodness! They were perfect. He thought.

He hummed, matching her mocking tone. "No one dares to leave a mark on this body. It belongs only to Krishnaa."

She flushed red and tried to remove his hands from her waist, "Arya!" She chided.

"What?" Arjun questioned casually, his lips trailing a bee-line on her neck, "Can I not spend some time with my wife before leaving for a war?"

She scoffed playfully and pushed him away, picking up the armour and helped him put it on. Arjun groaned in annoyance, and once it was done, he was quick enough to pull her back into his arms.

Draupadi gasped and placed her hands on his chest, her wide eyes looking at him with such innocence that he melted. He backed her against the nearest wall, her arms locking around his neck as her lips slanted against his. He relished the juicy flavour of her lips, it was the only drug he desired. He was an addict for her, hooked on from the day he first met her. She tasted like heaven. As her lips moved against his, she planted an eternal essence of her soul in the deepest memory of his heart. She moved closer to him, her body flushed against his, somehow not being able to get any closer.

His arms wrapped around her waist, before one shifted to cup the back of her neck. He deepened the kiss until it consumed him completely. It felt electric, cosmic. The sparks were felt all over his body. It was earth-shattering, and epic.

Reluctantly, she broke the kiss. Her chest heaving.

Their eyes locked. And the world stopped for the briefest of seconds. A moment, so intense, that it hung in the air, binding them closer, only if it was possible.

Her hand cupped his cheek, her thumb caressing his lower lip. Arjun smirked like a devil before her pulled her thumb in his mouth and bit it lightly.

"Ow!" Draupadi hissed and immediately pulled back her hand, slapping him on his chest as he burst out laughing.

His laughter soon died down as he gazed at her with an unexplainable look in his eyes. He thirsted for her with an unquenchable desire and appetite of such burning passion that he could never get enough.

"Stop looking at me like that!" She accused him and jabbed her index finger at his chest. "Also," Her voice turned vulnerable and she glanced at him with those large eyes, "Never forget to wear your armour. Remember, you have someone waiting for your safe return."

Arjun pressed his lips on her forehead, lingering there a bit longer as he whispered, "I will take all the precaution if I have you waiting on me, Love."

Arjun sighed as he walked out of the room, without any armour.

He did not have her back at home.

Home?

There was no home for him now. There was just... A palace, waiting for the return of their King.

***

I know it's a short chapter but c'mon, by now you should have gotten used to my lazy nature.

Also, I'm updating daily, but then that means that YOU MUST COMMENT, ELSE ISTG I'LL TORTURE YOU. *huffs*

Okay, you know I won't do that...

maybe...

Now I'm rambling. Anyways , did you like the chappy? I used each and every braincell of mine to type thish 8-)

I MISS MA ARDI🥺

I'll mourn for them, and y'all vote and comment *sniffs*

Bye.

~ Ariana <3