The Unexpected Call

Elena's POV

The day was again a lazy one. She was reading Milly Johnson's lightweight romance Birds and the Bees when her phone rang. Her old phone too had this Kenny Rogers ringtone. She wanted John to take a hint as to what she wanted, but he remained oblivious as always.

She picked up the phone and said hello in a boring tone. "I can say you are getting bored." His baritone voice made her smile.

"Don't you have work to do?"

"Nah, You know I heard about a new business idea today. Its some sort of location technology. Put it on anyone's body and bam, you can always know where they are going."

"And that's why you have called me? Do you want my opinion whether you should invest or not? Or you wanna use it on me?"

"Oh I am investing in it. I called you because I know you would be getting bored. Besides, don't you want someone to call you from work to say that he missed you?"

Her smile faded. Both of them remained silent.

"Tell me, Elena. Don't you want someone to call you from work?"

Had he listened to the song? Did he really call her because she wanted it? Does he care?

"Is that why you called me?" She asked in a skepyical tone.

"Umm. I was in a mood to grant wishes. So I granted you yours."

She was speechless. Could he really be so thoughtful? "Hmmm. Thank You."

"By the way I was missing you, that's why I called you. And yes, as I had told you, I have a surprise for you. So, spend something on yourself and buy a great dress."

"I have plenty in my closet."

"No, buy a new one.'

"Any specific color?"

"Ummm, I don't know. Surprise me?"

"Ok."

"Bye, get ready at 6."

"Ok. Bye, and Thanks again."

"You are welcome, sugar."

She hung up, but she was still feeling butterflies in her stomach. She had never felt as such. John had never given her butterflies.

Aslan had actually listened to her ringtone. This billionaire, who has so much on his hands and mind, took out time to call her. Is he up to something?

Her mind raced but they have been so amazing this past week that she knew he wouldn't punish her for anything.

She shook her head and got ready. She needed a dress. She called Bella and decided to take her too. There had been a long time since she had not given her best friend any birthday gift. Today, she will give her a treat.

They went to Angela's and searched the entire store. Bella chose a beautiful off white dress for herself but Elena's search was still going on.

"Seems like there is no dress for me here this time."

"Wait. I have a limited edition dress. It is one of its kind and you will know soon why it is special." Angela disappeared into the elevator and the empty space reminded her of the last time when she had been here. The memory of them on the same couch made her cheeks burn.

"Someone is blushing. Whatever you say, El, your man is loaded." Bella teased her.

"He is not my man."

"And he is sweet."

"That he is." Elena was scolding herself for even thinking so.

"I think he likes you more than you think."

Elena wanted to deny it, but what he had done today, was something she couldn't ignore. It's not like she had started liking him. The fact was that he was a successful man with more money than some billionaires combined, and he was calling her from office because he wanted to give her what she wanted. He took the hint. He actually did what she was yearning for years. For someone to call her and say that he missed her. John, her husband didn't do that. Aslan did.

Angela appeared with the dress and Bella and Elena gasped in unison. It was a black off shoulder dress which had a deep sweetheart neckline and there was a slit on the right leg, starting right from the thigh. It flared at the hem and was so classy that Elena knew it was the one.

"Oh my god." Elena stood up to scrutinize it and she knew she wanted to wear it. Both Bella and Angela helped her wear the dress and when she turned to look into the mirror, she couldn't recognize herself. The dress fit her like a glove and it was beyond wonderful. It hugged her hips, waist, and curves like it was tailored for her.

She ran a hand down the dress and Angela smiled. "I am packing it."

"Yes, please."

When she was about to pay, Angela waved her off saying that she will settle the account with Aslan. "But I am the one buying it." Elena argued.

"It's not about money. I have to warn him."

"About what?"

Angela didn't give in.

"Tell me, Angela. What is it?"

"Ok. I know he will rip off that dress off you and I don't wanna lose this amazing piece to his desires."

Elena blushed but promised Angela that it won't happen.

When they left the shop, both of them were hungry. Angela's vegan biscuits had done nothing to soothe their desire to munch on some hot piping noodles at Charlie's. They were in school when they started visiting Charlie's. There was no match to his noodles with chicken dumplings in red sauce.

Elena was making up a story about John, and how she ended up with Aslan when her eyes turned to look at her ex- husband. He was dressed in a new shirt and jeans. He had even combed his hair and had shaved. He was with that Asian or Caribbean chick he was fucking in their house. The girl was smiling and Elena had to say she was pretty. She had great curves and Elena found the reason why John had been so quick to jump to her after betting and losing his wife.

Elena's eyes were following them. And then suddenly, John looked her way and their eyes met. Color drained from his face. She didn't look away because she couldn't. He quickly hailed a cab and they disappeared.

But it shook Elena. John had run away. What does he think? Is she gonna stop him and question why he did such injustice to her? Not in this fucking lifetime. She remembered too well how he had insulted her that night by betting her like an object. How a contract was signed, declaring her the trophy for the winning party. She could never forget and forgive.

Her mood soured and that's why she decided to spend some more money of the Billionaire who was her winner and never failed to remind her so. She bought matching shoes from Louboutin. But that did not satisfy her. She so wanted to hurt someone or something. However Bella calmed her down and they headed for their homes.

At 5, she was told by the maid that Aslan had sent a hairstylist and makeup artist for her. She took a quick shower and then sat down as they did things with her hair and face. When she got into her shoes and dress, she knew she will blow Aslan's mind.

A cruel smile adorned her lips. He wasn't the only one who could make her beg for pleasure.