𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓 | "𝑭𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝑫𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒚'𝒔 𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍"

-Eleven Years Later-

-You-
A deafening crack of thunder struck the palace's grand library windows, rattling the bookshelves while the lightning shone brighter than a diamond. I shrieked at the sound, placing my hand over my heart in an attempt to calm down.

Namjoon chuckled. "Gee, someone's jumpy tonight."

I turned around. "Sorry, Dad. It's the storms. You know I don't like them. I've never liked them."

He opened his arms, gesturing for me to give him a hug. "Oh, I know. But hey, that's alright. Come here; Daddy's arms are always open."

Now it was my turn to chuckle. "Aren't you a bit too old to be calling yourself 'Daddy?'" I questioned.

Upon my statement, he frowned. "No, I don't think so, you've been calling me that since you were little."

My father's face filled with hurt, and I knew I'd hurt his feelings because he probably saw it as me pushing him away. I have to be gentle with him; I'm all he really has in this life. "I-I'm sorry, Dad." I instantly embraced him to make up for it, returning his hug. I felt him gently push my head into his chest as he wrapped his arms around my lower back. "Sorry, Dad," I apologize again.

"It's okay, princess. I'm just not ready to let you grow up yet. I know you're almost eighteen, but I don't want to let you go. You're all I have, and it's very hard to accept that you're growing up. It's difficult for me, you see. These years are passing by so quickly I feel like I can't keep up."

I pulled back. "I know. I don't really want to grow up either, but I have to at some point, Daddy. I'm going to be an adult like you eventually someday."

"I don't want you to just yet. I won't let you, my little one." Namjoon then mumbled.

"What was that?" I asked as I didn't hear him completely.

"Oh, I just said that I'm not ready for you to grow up yet, princess. I want you to always be my little girl. Of course, no matter what, you will, and of course, you'll grow up into a fine young woman eventually, but to me, you'll always be my special girl; my little one."

I reached over to kiss his cheek. "I know. I'll always be your girl, Daddy."

Namjoon smiled, leaning his forehead against mine. "Yes, you will." We stood like that for a moment, in a trance-like state until another loud crack of thunder rattled directly over the roof of the library, and I flinched in his hold. "Shh, baby," he soothes just like he used to when I was a child, "it's okay, it's just the storm out. I know it's scary, but it can't get you. I promise you that. You're safe in here with me. Do you want to sleep with me tonight?"