A Clash and a Toast

HENG POV

"I'm at the airport now, returning from the States. I've been there for almost three years since Dad's accident. Mom and I lived there. So here I am, heading back to the Philippines to attend Dad's death anniversary. I miss him so much.

"Hey, Heng, over here?"

I stopped and looked around.

"Hey, Heng, bro?"

He patted me on my shoulder, which is why I looked at him.

"This is me, bro, Saint. Did you forget me?" His tone seemed sad.

I stared at him carefully.

Yes, this is Saint, my childhood friend. I think he's more handsome now.

Saint: "Hey, bro! How are you? Your mom asked me to pick you up."

"Ahhh, I'm fine."

Saint: "Bro, I heard you have a lot of girls in the States."

I just grinned at what he said.

We were about to turn around when someone suddenly bumped into me.

"Fuck! Look at where you're going! Damn, it..."

I looked at her and gave her an evil glare.

"What? You're the one who bumped into me, and now you have the audacity to get angry and shout at me!"

I shouted back at her in anger.

Girl: "What do you mean? You're the one blocking the way, and you know this is a passageway."

"What's your problem? You should be the one apologizing because you hit me. Crazy," I said.

"Oh my God! What do you want, a fistfight?"

"I can't believe a woman is challenging me to a fistfight. Does she think I'm scared of her?"

If Saint hadn't stopped me, I would have really slap that girl.

"Bro, stop it. Don't bother with her."

"Be thankful that you're a woman and I'm in a hurry because if not? I don't know what I would have done to you."

"What did you say? It seems like you're being arrogant!"

She shouted as saint and I passed her.

"That girl! She makes me so angry. I already want to hit her."

"Bro, No, okay?"

"Okay, fine!"

After a minute, saint and I were in the car. He had a lot of stories to tell me about our friends, and I was glad and missed them too.

"Bro, I have something to ask."

"What?"

"Hey, did you know that Freen and Becky are engaged?" Saint ask me, causing me to raise an eyebrow.