ೃ⁀➷ i. broken routines

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

in the corner of the common room in the korean independent school of seoul—kiss—sat four friends. four friends that have known each other for years, and the years of friendship has brought routines.

routines that have never changed. their routines during the school year was easy seeing as they saw each other twenty-four/seven. their routine during the summer, however, was more difficult to maintain.

"sooooo, how was everyone's summer?" q asked, not bearing the silence any longer. he was the heart of the group, and had the softest one. he couldn't bear the tension between his two other friends.

well, tension was normal for minho and shayla. but this tension, the one where they couldn't look at each other without glaring or arguing was different.

"oh, well, you wouldn't have to ask that had shayla actually followed our routine," minho said as shayla scoffed, throwing her hands in the air. she was about to say something when he continued, "a routine that we have followed for years. years."

"oh my god!" shayla exclaimed, her words thick with her english accent. she rubbed her forehead and q, who was beside her, looked at her apologetically. "i said i was sorry, minho."

the routine in question: 3 weeks with her mom in korea. 3 weeks with her dad in the states. and the remaining of summer with minho in london.

minho and shayla were, admittedly, the closest out of the four. they were close when they were young but what got them closer was the fact that their parents divorced around the same time. they leaned on each other during this time and came up with that solution.

this year, however, shayla decided not to go to london and stay in the states with her dad. he had recently purchased a house at some beach and normally, shayla wouldn't care. she would count the days until she got to see minho again. except, things didn't go as normally.

when she went to a party, one night, she met someone. she met a boy. long story short, shayla called minho the day she was supposed to leave told him that she couldn't make it. minho, thinking it was because she wanted to spend more time with her dad, was fine with it—despite feeling a little hurt. that changed, however, when he opened instagram to watch her stories be filled with the same boy again and again.

"seriously, is this the biggest of our worries, right now? i have to go." dae said, looking between his feuding friends. he stood up, slinging his backpack around his shoulders. he turned to q, "call me when they stop being so immature."

"sure." "i'm not immature, he is!" "nu-uh, she's the immature one!" were his responses but dae simply shook his head and way his way to the finance office.

q turned to the two of them, wondering how in the hell was he gonna fix this. just then, shayla's phone lit up and vibrated from the table. the name steven <3 read in bold and minho, who clearly saw it, scoffed.

shayla pressed the red button and crossed her arms, seeming more stressed than earlier (which q didn't think was possible). minho noticed this as well and spoke, "what? trouble in paradise with you and your boyfriend?" he said sarcastically, but q knew that there was also a hint of concern to his words.

"piss off, minho," shayla said, turning to face neither minho or q.

"that was a little harsh, shay," q whispered to her, but minho heard.

shayla looked at her friend and then at minho and her face softened. "i'm sorry, i didn't mean for it to come out like that."

minho looked at his friend. shayla was the type of person to curse at a table because she stubbed her toe against it but then will kneel and beg for the table's forgiveness a second later. "it's okay."

the girl gave a small smile at her friend before remembering their situation and shook her head. "he... he cheated on me, okay? that's why he's been calling since this morning. he stopped earlier so i thought he maybe got the hint that i didn't want to talk to him, but i guess not." shayla stared at her phone as his name appeared again.

"he did what!?" minho asked, all animosity and anger towards shayla now directed at her (ex)boyfriend. for what it was worth, he was a loyal friend. he was fiercely loyal. and that it didn't matter if he was mad at his friend; at the end of the day, that's what she was. his friend. "i'm gonna kill him."

shayla rolled her eyes. "i thought you were mad at me?" she teased as she tilted her head.

q laughed as minho paused and blinked. "i was. i, uh, i mean i am. i'm mad at you."

"uh-huh, sure," shayla laughed before her face turned serious. "look, i really am sorry i ditched you this summer for a guy. but i swear karma bit me in the ass and i have learned my lesson," she said. "i'll never choose some guy over you again."

minho looked at his best friend before standing up and placing his arms around her from behind. he kissed her forehead, so gentle like he was scared he could hurt her.

and just like that, they were okay again. it would take so much more to end their weird friendship. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷D SPEAKS!

helloooo 

this was so short and so fast-paced but yk i have a lot to write and i have sm planned so... ready ur seatbelts everyone bcos the shaylaminho train will only get worse!

for anyone wondering: this isn't 100% a crossover with tsitp. i just used minnie mills and the name shayla and i will briefly mention the characters whenever shayla talks about her summer but thats all tbh 

btw: i edit my fics!! i have a bunch of shaylaminho edits posted alr actually, my @ is druigvfxs on tiktok