ೃ⁀➷ ii. welcoming party

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

there was about four hours before the welcome party and shayla planned on spending that time with her roomates.

the dorms typically offered two options for how much roomates you can have: 2 or 4 people. naturally, her extroverted self decided to choose the 4. sadly, she ended up only having two roomates because their was a shortage of girls to be places in the dorms, apparently. but shayla wouldn't have it any other way. she loved na-ri and eleanor.

na-ri the artist, eleanor the academic and shayla the athlete. they were all so different yet worked so well together.

"i like this remix," eleanor said as she sat down at the kitchen table. she was currently revising her summer essay for the nth time. "did you make it, na-ri?"

na-ri, who sat on the sofa, looked up from her computer and smiled. "i did. it was something i was working on this summer."

"it's really good, dear," shayla, who was doing a workout on her yoga mat on the floor, added. "send me this, i'll add it to my gym playlist." na-ri nodded her head as she looked back down on her computer. "well, speaking of the gym, i think i'm gonna head down there to workout with q."

shayla stood up and without looking up from her paper, eleanor spoke. "wait, the welcome party is in a few hours."

"i'll just be gone an hour, don't worry," shayla said as she grabbed her water bottle. "can you pick out dress options for me, though? i'll just pick from that when i get back."

she heard eleanor humm in agreement before closing their door and made her way to the gym.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"i knew i'd find you here," shayla said as she opened the gym door and saw q already running on the treadmill.

the boy removed his headphones and smiled at her. "hey, what's up?"

"i was doing some workouts at the dorm but felt like going here," she explained as she got on the treadmill beside q.

the two of them often hung out at the gym. out of their friends, they were the only ones that had any interest in staying in shape. q was a track and field player whilst shayla played football. though, she hasn't in a while.

"so, you wanna talk about earlier, orrr," q prolonged his sentence, trying not to look at shayla's direction, which she noticed.

"talk about what?" shayla said, making her friend bring the topic up and not her, feigning innocence.

"you and steven," q whispered steven's name as though if he said it out loud, the boy would appear out of nowhere. "he cheated on you? what happened? i thought you really liked him and he really liked you?"