💀 Happy Sugar Life (2015 - 2020)

Alternative Title: White Sugar Garden, Black Salt Cage

Author: Kagisora Tomiyaki

Artist: Kagisora Tomiyaki

Genre: Drama, Horror, Psychological

Status: Completed

Chapters: 62

Synopsis:

Satou Matsuzaka is a bubbly and approachable girl who is also known as "New Guy Every Three Days" Satou. However, this lifestyle comes to a complete halt when she encounters the true love of her life: eight-year-old Shio Koube. Although the love they share is pure, when society wants to tear them apart, Satou will stop at nothing in order to ensure that their happy life continues in peace.

Review:

Words cannot express how I'm ethically challenged in reading this manga. I was already warned beforehand that I shouldn't be fooled by the cutesy art style of this manga, but I did not expect it to be this hardcore.

First, I don't know who to side. All the characters here are sick in their own way. Their sense of justice is surely crooked and even tho ad hominem is a fallacy--I can't help but still take account for the character's background regardless of how pure their intentions are.

Second, I'm quite shocked at how the law was still unable to catch wind of the criminal acts of the main character.

Lastly, THIS IS JUST GASLIGHTING TO THE MAX.

It was a thrilling experience reading this piece though.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐