Chapter Five

The blood in my veins freezes. My heart misses a beat and I shiver at these words. I'm taken out of my moment as I turn around and face the person who so shamelessly just whispered in my ear. When I finally see who it is, I'm speechless. Of course... Stalker. Should've made sense.

"Cat got your tongue, darling?"

He's standing in front of me, a smirk at the corner of his mouth. His eyes are roaming around my body, and I feel a wave of heat flushing over me. I manage to get out some words out of myself:

"I- I didn't..."

"You didn't stare at me at the entrance of the club?"

"I- "

He laughs and holds out his hand to me:

"I'm Ryder, and... I suppose your name isn't "Stalker", right?"

The nervousness I was feeling disappears, but I can still feel a small part of it deep inside me. I'm usually very shy with guys and even talking to them can be a miracle to me. I don't know how it happens or why, but I don't have many guy friends, and honestly, apart Valentina, and a few friends at school, there's no one. I prefer the quality over the quantity, have people I can truly trust.

I hold out my hand to shake his and present myself:

"I'm Tessa, and I'm so sorry for earlier, I don't know what got me."

"Oh don't worry about it, I was just playing with you. So, Tessa. I saw you earlier moving those hips of yours and well, I must say it's a beautiful sight. It's as if you have learnt a special dance to that song. May I offer you a drink? Such a talent should be rewarded."

I smile and nod. As I follow him, people are dancing around us and the music gets a little bit less loud. We get to the bar where a bartender is throwing some shakers. It's amazing how he manages to catch them every time, even when he throws them with his hands behind his back. Must have took a few years of practice. The smell of alcohol gets stronger and my eyes wander on the shelves, full of liquors and alcoholic drinks. Martini, gin, vodka, tequila, rhum... Everything is here.

"Made your choice yet? If not, I have an idea."

"Err, I think I'll go with your idea, whatever it is."

Ryder smiles and orders tequila shots. The bartender laughs, mouthing "Again?". This boy must have drunk some of them earlier, maybe that's where his confidence comes from. As we wait for the shots, I look around for Val, but don't find her anywhere. I decide to text her, not waiting for a reply, cause I know she'll probably be busy fucking someone she just met.

"You ready?"

I look back at the bar. Six shots of tequila are placed on the counter and the smell of it instantly hits my nostrils. A sweet, but very strong aroma comes from those little shot glasses. Salt and wedges of lime are in bowls, right in front of the shots. I've never tried tequila, but I'm curious of what it tastes like.

"That's a LOT of shots, Ryder. Like, this is for six people."

"Wait until you try it. Trust me, tequila shot in singular doesn't exist. Or just for samples. Do you know how to drink it?"

I take one of those little glasses and smell it again. I turn my head away. Now it reminds me of rubbing alcohol and I can't get that sent out of my nose.

"Whoa there not so fast."

"What?"

"Remember the catchphrase : Lick, shoot, suck."

"I'm not getting in bed with anyone nor killing someone tonight."

Ryder laughs. What's so funny? He said lick, shoot, suck, not me.