A Double Sided Coin

Mission Report: A Double Sided Coin

Date: April 8th

Kaiyo's Side

You can hear footsteps and busy talk as someone walks down a street within Anastreptos' largest market.

Street Vendor: Hey kid! Need any fresh vegetables for the family?

Another Vendor: How about some fresh fish? Just delivered from the docks, it's the first catch of the day!

Kaiyo is wearing a thin light blue dress shirt with a black harness on with dark brown dress pants and common black shoes along with a gray petastos. He also has his hair tied back into a high ponytail.

Kaiyo: No thanks pops! I'm only a tourist!

The Vege Vendor motions with his hand to come over.

Vege Vendor: Here kid, He hands Kaiyo a fresh quince

Kaiyo: Huh? For free?

Vege Vendor: This is a city near the sea and has beautiful architecture. It makes me happy seeing people enjoy it knowing how much I love it myself so enjoy yourself.

Kaiyo: Thanks a lot! He takes a bite of the quince like it's a sweet and continues on walking (Quince's are a fruit native to Greece that are very sour and tart when fresh and tough to bite into, Kaiyo has a high spice and sour tolerance)

Older lady: Oh, thank you sweetie (She says as she takes a bag of groceries from a vendor)

A man in dark clothing runs by and swipes the lady's unguarded purse.

Older lady: Ah! Thief! Thei-

Before she can even sputter out another word Kaiyo runs by.

The thief looks back as he's running away already a bit ahead of Kaiyo.

Thief: Huh? Who does this kid think he is some kind of hero?

He takes a sharp turn and knocks over some crates trying to slow down Kaiyo.

Kaiyo jumps on top of the vendor stands and jumps across them one by one just as if they're roof tops.

Thief: W- what the hell is with this kid!?

The thief grabs a few hand crafted items and throws them up towards Kaiyo just as a surprised look appears on his face from Kaiyo dodging and batting a few of them away.

He turns away and frantically runs into an alley.

Kaiyo: Oh no you don't!

Kaiyo reaches his hand behind him and grabs a small dagger similar in shape to his nichirin blade and throws it at the thief's feet as he ran into the alley.

A scream is heard and then a tumble, Kaiyo slows down and slowly walks into the alley.

Kaiyo: Isn't it a little petty stealing from the elderly?

Thief: Ah! I- I'm sorry! I'll give everything back just don't hurt me!

Kaiyo: How about you give me what you took and a little extra?

Thief: W- well let's be reasonable here.

Kaiyo: I don't think you're in a position to negotiate! (He kicks him in the gut)

Thief: Oof! A- alright! What else do you want?

Kaiyo: Information, what do you know about this city's government officials?

Thief: Government... look I'm just a low life thief who steals at the market with my small group of buddies every now and then.

Kaiyo rips the dagger out of the thief's ankle.