New Hope

Jake hadn't mean for it to happen. Yet here he was sulking through the corridor, on his way to his first class.

As he was walking he saw The Music Club in the room. Hearing them trying to comfort Hailey, saying she did the right thing.

He sighed, knowing it was hopeless to try getting them to listen. He felt tears coming up. He breathed and kept walking until he saw the Jomies, laughing at something on his phone.

He kept walking, already done with everyone here. He felt the tears creeping back up. He ran out of the school, having enough of everyone there. He ran as fast as he could.

He didn't know how far he was going. He couldn't stay in there any longer. He stopped when his lungs couldn't take anymore. He found himself a few steps away from the sand on the beach.

He smiled as little, taking off his shoes and socks. Placing them somewhere on the sand. He walked until the a wave came and soaked his feet.

He sighed already feeling a bit better. He walked back to his shoes and sat beside them. He brought his knees to his chest. He felt the tears come back but this time, he let them fall.

"Hey, are you ok?"

An Angel like voice spoke. He looked up to see two heterochromia eyes but still shined so brightly. Worried shined through.

"No, it's just drama, that's all." He didn't know why he was opening up to this stranger. but why did it feel so right?

"Well I have an hour." Shocked by this stranger wanting to listen to his problems while seeming interested in what he's going to say.

He finally opened up and told her every detail of what happened. As he finished telling her everything. Her expression, understanding and compassion evident on her face.

"Well the music club is just a jerk for not letting you explain. And it was wrong for the Jomies, Zoey, and Lia to manipulate you into saying that. Friends don't do that to each other." After she finished, he just smiled at her. Thankful that she's on his side.

"Sounds like to me, you need some new friends."

He frowned as he already knows that getting new friends is hard most of the time. As he finished his thought, he was suddenly pulled into an embrace.

"I'm sorry your having to go through this." He cried on her shoulder as she whispered sweet nothings to him as she hugged him.

He pulled away smiling at her. She returned the smile with closed eyes. He blushes at her smile. Her smile having an effect on him, her smile seems to light up his world.

"I know making new friends can be tough so let me take the first step." His eyes widen in disbelief. Not believing the words she udders next.

"Will you be my friend?" He smiled, nodding his head. She smiled and her eyes soon widen.

"I just realized I never caught your name." He smiled at her curiosity.

"Jake, Jake Sterling."

"Maristela Lopez." He smiled at her. A beautiful name for someone like her. As she finished that thought her eyes widened.

"Is that the time! I'm sorry Jake I have to go to class before I'm late." He nodded understanding the situation though a little sad that she has to leave.

"Maybe you should leave RoseMeadow, have a fresh new start somewhere else." He looked at her eyes widened.

"Any ideas for a school then?" He teased as he smirked.

"Oceanview High is where I go, maybe there is something there for you too."

"I'll have to talk to my mom about it."

"Well our door is always open. Here's my stop, Bye Jake." She waved at him with a smile. He waved back as she walked towards her school.He marveled at the school in front of him.

Just maybe he has a chance.