Sea Level

"Are you sure you want to, you can always change your mind."

"Mom, I'm certain I want this."

"Ok, have a great first day Jake."

"I will. Thanks, Mom." He waved bye to her as he goes to enter the new school.

Oceanview High.

He smiled as he entered the school. It looked much different than RoseMeadow. The lockers are silver and the walls are white. The restroom door is black. Everything looked so much nicer.

He keeps looking around as walks, trying to find the office. He stumbles across a door that looks like it belongs to a Music Group. He goes to knock but the door opens a little.

He walks in, already impressed by the room itself. He kept admiring the room as he looks around. He was admitting that this room was better.

"Jake, I didn't expect to see you this soon." He turned to find Maristela standing there, smiling. He sheepishly smiled back, embarrassed being caught in the wrong room.

"Looking for the Office?"

He nodded his head as she looked at him. She grabbed his hand and started dragging him.

"Your just a few doors away."

As soon as they got there he went in and got his schedule for this year. He walks out to see Maristela still waiting for him.

"Let me see." He handed her the schedule. She looks over it with a smile on her face. She looked at him, smiling as if she was happy.

"I have 4 classes with you this is exciting." She said as she jumps up and down, happily. As we were walking to our first period, he saw a band poster saying they need a new member.

"You interested?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Don't let whatever happened in the past stop you. Go for it if you want to." He smiled at her supportiveness.

As time went on Maristela helped Jake with his classes and got to know each other more. It was currently lunch time and Jake sat by himself as Maristela had something important to do.

As he finished his lunch, he started returning to the Music room. Once he was in front of the room, he stopped. Remembering what happened at RoseMeadow. He breathed as he walked in.

"Um, I'm here to Audition," Jake said as he entered.

"Finally, someone came." A girl with purple-like hair tied up in a wavy ponytail with some hair out in the front.

"Now, what have we said about patience, Grace." A brown-haired guy says to her softly. He walked up to Jake and held his hand out.

"I'm Zach, and I'm in charge until the Band Leader comes back." Jake shook his hand as Zach guided him to the instruments. Jake grabbed the mic and walked over to the mic stand.

~Time Skip to After he's done singing~

Jake takes a breather as he finished singing. To see many shocked and happy faces. His eyes soon landed on Maristela, standing there dumbfounded, blushing just a bit.

"Mari, you gotta let this guy in!" A bright pink-haired girl said, running over to her.

"Welcome to Sea Level, Jake." Maristela smiled.

"Sea Level?" He questioned.

"Unlike some, we have a name for our band. Guys, go ahead and introduce yourself." Maristela replied.

"I'm Aurora Danvers." The bright pink-haired girl had said smiling.

"Mary Starzel." The white-haired girl had said, holding a guitar.

"Blake Yorkshire, Nice to have you." The other blonde said calmly. He was over by the drums, cleaning them. 

"I'm Ethan Thompson." A dark blue-haired guy had said. 

"And I'm Grace Haywood." He smiled at them. Curious as to what their role in the band is.

"So, what do you guys do?" Jake asked.

"I run the Electric Guitar." Mary proudly said.

"I take over the Drums." Blake did seem the calm one out of everyone.

"I do the Piano." Aurora is beside it as she speaks.

"I do the Tunes around here." Grace lifted her head from her computer.

"I do Percussions." Ethan had said happily. 

"And I do Bass Guitar," Zach replied, smiling.

"What about you, Maristela?" I questioned.

"I sing and play the wooden Guitar," She replied casually. He smiled at the group in front of him. For once in his life, he actually feels like he is welcome here with no judgment or manipulation.

Perhaps he did join the right group for once.