CHAPTER 2: Nexus

After he returned from his investigation, Optimus Prime was stumped. His curiosity about how a vessel such as the one he discovered arrived on Earth without their knowing, and how it came down. He couldn't see any noticeable damage to signal a battle. Despite the small surface damage and destroyed guns, that's all the signs of a fight he can see. He concluded that it wasn't shot down but deliberately crashed. Most likely a decision on behalf of the vessel's captain. For what reason and purpose is unclear, but it didn't look like anyone survived the crash. It did pain him to think of such an outcome, but it's not like it's the first ship he's investigated. During the War, there were plenty of ships that crashed that he went to investigate. He just hopes that if anyone did survive, they're somewhere on this planet lying low and going about their business without harming the native life.

His team's medic watches him as he comes into the base, quickly noticing the almost somber expression on the prime's face.

Ratchet: "What happened?" he asks, calmly.

The Autobot leader looks at his Medic, clearing himself of any negative thoughts.

Optimus: "the vessel had crash landed 1 and a half or 2 humans years ago. As for the occupants, I couldn't find any sources of life. But the vessel remains fairly intact, the main engines sustained little to no damage. The bulk of the damage is at the bow of the starship." he explains.

Ratchet: "No signs of life? So your certain the occupants are deceased?" he asks, calmly.

Optimus: "Or, the survivors are peacefully living on this planet. But your assumptions appear to be the most likely outcome." he clarifies. "However, I was unable to determine the vessel's true origin and what it's mission could have been."

Ratchet quickly adopted a thoughtful expression. Trying to theorize at the potential reasons why a possible Republic vessel was doing all the way out here on Earth. The Galactic Republic is lightyears away, an entirely different GALAXY even. It puzzled him to no end as without a Space Bridge, he couldn't see how it could have possibly shown up at Earth and evaded their sensors. They would've detected its presence long before it crashed. Maybe then they could have rescued any potential survivors, if there even was any to save.

Ratchet: "I can't help but shed an ounce of concern. A Republic warship suddenly turning up on Earth cannot be a good sign." he says, sharing his concerns about the situation.

Optimus: "A logical assumption old friend. However, we must not jump to conclusions until we know the true nature of the ships original mission." he responds, shedding his two cents to put a reasonable conclusion to the medic's statement.

Ratchet: "Which we'll never know. It's not like we can walk into the ship, it wasn't built for something like us." he continues, adding a counter argument to the Prime's recent claim.

Optimus: "well I understand your concern. There is not much we can do, but wait." he said, calmly. "If it truly has been 2 human years, then I highly doubt any negative motives followed the crew of the starship."

Ratchet: "But that's the question. If any did survive, where in the world are they? Not like they can just live in their crashed ship." he said. "If there even were any survivors, considering you couldn't find any signs of life."

Optimus: "if, by any means, a single crewmember survived the crash. They most likely took refuge on this world." he explains, maintaining his gentle yet stoic tone of voice.

The silence emanating from the medic speaks volumes. A simple nod followed the silence as the doc accepted the Prime's claims. Unable to find a counter argument to further his concerns—Which he's thankful for. Even though he claims to despise humans to a degree, he does show some levels of concern for their well-being. Especially when something like this current incident happens. An unidentified warship from a faction far off in the stars that previously had no business in this galaxy. He's just glad Optimus was able to ease his concerns.